Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Gen 3 coyote motor heater hose routing.

Post Thanks / Like

Gen 3 coyote motor heater hose routing.

I have a gen 3 xs52 alumanator coyote motor in my Daytona coupe. I'm getting ready to hook up my hoses to the heater core. Im reading the passenger side head, water fitting goes to inlet of heater valve,then to the lower fitting on heater core. Then driver side head going to outlet of heater valve. Is that correct? I heard a restrictor "5/16 diameter" is only needed if your not running the heater and looping passenger side to driver side. Do you need one if your running the hoses to the heater? I'm new to the coyote motor so trying to learn. My coupe gets inspected Tuesday. Weather in central Illinois is getting cooler, having the heater will be nice while I put some miles on it this year Thanks for any information

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.factoryfive.com/wp-conte...en-3-REV-G.pdf
    Not sure if you have seen these instructions. they are pretty good.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post
    https://www.factoryfive.com/wp-conte...en-3-REV-G.pdf
    Not sure if you have seen these instructions. they are pretty good.
    Mike

I know this is a major Necro-post but I appreciate you posting these instructions, my manual had nothing like this in it, I am at this stage in my build and while I was looking at things last night and pretty much decided how they needed to go this confirms my thought process and makes me feel better about going forward, I REALLY dislike doing things twice especially when I screwed something up or didn't think far enough ahead.