Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Hot Rod Harness Routing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastertech5 View Post
    I like the way EdwardB ran his LS3 harness through the firewall on the passenger side. He only had 1 large conduit. I have 2 smaller ones, ECM and fuse box. I don't know if he put both into 1 or only had 1 for his setup. His ECM is much larger than mine. It looks like the older big aluminum finned one from about 15 years ago. Mine is much more compact. The Ron Francis harness does have grommets on it. There are 3, front harness, rear harness and the power from starter/alternator harness. I should be able to run those through the firewall without to much trouble. Time will tell. Thanks to all for your opinions and advise. Hope I can reciprocate at some point. Where would we be without this forum?
    Interesting. My LS3 and control pack were brand new from Chevrolet Performance two years ago. Maybe different engines have different ECM's and fuse boxes. Or they shipped me some really old stock. Oh well. Worked with what they sent me. The large conduit does split. But I moved it to where the split is inside the firewall. Made for a neater and cleaner install. I have the front harness going through the lower firewall and routed to the front inside the lower chassis rail. I found that to be more direct and neater than on the upper chassis rail. Didn't show that in my first post. I have the main power going through the firewall on a Blue Seas Systems ‎2204 3/8" terminal feed through. Starter and alternator attach on the firewall side. Main battery power and feed to the RF panel on the inside. Lots of ways to slay these things.
    Last edited by edwardb; 10-20-2022 at 06:09 AM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

2. Thanks Mastertech5 thanked for this post
    Likes Mastertech5 liked this post