Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New in the Upstate of SC

Post Thanks / Like

New in the Upstate of SC

Hello all - dropping my first line on the forum with plans to frequent, if only to lurk and poach knowledge.

Kit on order after a great build school session earlier last month. Complete kit with Blueprint 347 on order - kit arriving mid May per projections, BPE delivery 12-14mo from Sept 2022, I have been told. Looking forward to the build, the challenge, the learning, the community - oh, and the end result!

Thanks, and have a great night!
    - Matthew, from the Upstate in South Carolina

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and enjoy the build.
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!
    FFR3490 - MK2 Roadster: Yellow with black stripes, mildly built 5.0 with many upgrades/updates to come.

See my build here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...6mVHNS3FsRV76S

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Mathew- w)elcome to the forums. Come visit Marco and I in Marietta anytime. Build is underway!
    <><><><><><><><><><>
    Mk4 Roadster complete kit Chassis F5R1010480RD
    Ordered Dec 2021, Delivered Sept 2022, First start Mar 2023
    Completed October 2023
    IRS, Wilwood, 17" wheels, Forte 427W/TKX/EdelbrockEFI

Post Thanks / Like
    I built a MKII and currently working on my 2nd., the 33 hot Rod and enjoy the build as much as driving the end product. Have fun!

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome Aboard But More Importantly, Welcome To The Factory Five Family!
    ...............................A Grand Adventure Awaits You!

Suggestions:
    1. Get the manual and read it a few times while you wait for your kit to arrive.
    2. Check out the build threads from Edwardb because they really supplement the manual.
    3. Watch the Factory Five assembly videos because they will help you see what you'll be doing.

Good Luck & We Know You'll Find That The Journey Is Worth Taking!

Assembly Video #1:
    https://youtu.be/NnJdjMKDC_g?list=PL...VS-CVcPoK4x6lB

The following videos will pop up in progression.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 10-21-2022 at 08:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeBrown View Post
    Hello all - dropping my first line on the forum with plans to frequent, if only to lurk and poach knowledge.

Kit on order after a great build school session earlier last month. Complete kit with Blueprint 347 on order - kit arriving mid May per projections, BPE delivery 12-14mo from Sept 2022, I have been told. Looking forward to the build, the challenge, the learning, the community - oh, and the end result!

Thanks, and have a great night!
    - Matthew, from the Upstate in South Carolina
    There are plenty of FFR's around, or those of us who used to own FFR's with build knowledge. Where (a town perhaps) in the upstate are you located?

A little short notice, but there is the monthly Cars & Coffee at the Michelin corporate building tomorrow morning from 8-10am
    Another smaller show at Trailblazer Park in Travelers Rest, this one for Shriners Hospital, starting at 10am till 2 or 3pm

I won't have my cobra at either, most likely the 70 Shelby convertible instead. Feel free to stop out and say hello

Bill S.
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Matthew! I just started my MK4 build in August. Not sure where in the upstate you are, but if you find yourself in Fort Mill, feel free to drop by!
    Rob
    Mk4 Complete Kit, #10465
    Ordered 11/14/21, Build School 5/20/22, Delivered 8/22/22, Engine/Transmission Delivered 3/27/23, Installed 9/3/23, First Start 2/14/24
    347FI/TKX/IRS "Street Look"-no hoodscoop or rollbar, undercar exhaust
    Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, everyone, for the welcome and well-wishes. I am located in Anderson, SC - so not too far from a few of y'all. Excited to get going, but as mentioned, lots of research and prep to do - and maybe a trip to ATL to see Alec and Marco's build progress!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! I too am doing the complete kit with a 347 and I am located around Wilmington NC if you're ever around!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeBrown View Post
    Thanks, everyone, for the welcome and well-wishes. I am located in Anderson, SC - so not too far from a few of y'all. Excited to get going, but as mentioned, lots of research and prep to do - and maybe a trip to ATL to see Alec and Marco's build progress!
    We are fitting the body onto our fully working go-kart. Your kit arrived? woo-hoo!
    <><><><><><><><><><>
    Mk4 Roadster complete kit Chassis F5R1010480RD
    Ordered Dec 2021, Delivered Sept 2022, First start Mar 2023
    Completed October 2023
    IRS, Wilwood, 17" wheels, Forte 427W/TKX/EdelbrockEFI