BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hiya. New old stock here

Post Thanks / Like

Hiya. New old stock here

I've been around for a minute drooling over a Roadster since the late 1990's when I saw this advertisement for a replica of a Cobra in 'Kit Car Magazine'. At the time I was working and playing with my 1988 Fiero, doing research on the kits available for that car. Needless to say, I shifted gears (pun intended). Many moons and life changes later, here I am finally looking at starting this wonderful project very soon. I ordered a roadster in Feb., looking at a Dec. delivery.

Nothing fancy in my build plans but it does fill up a spreadsheet quite nicely. Think street fighter, old school. Base kit with a few upgrades; IRS, front FFR control arms, powder-coated chassis, and an additional roll bar. Power steering and more will come later. I expect to pick up goodies as I go. I'm planning on a 351w EFI hitting or exceeding the magic 427 number (for the fender badge yano) and a slew of other TBD goodies. I'm expecting a 3 year build time to give me plenty of elbow room for those changes I expect to make as I read how others have done their builds (I think I'm up to 20 builds of reading. Always learning something new, thanks all).

I've had plenty of time lurking here and in other forums for the past several years and am looking forward to becoming part of the crew. Can't wait.

If anyone happens by Yosemite and pops by Mariposa, say "Hi".

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!
    FFR3490 - MK2 Roadster: Yellow with black stripes, mildly built 5.0 with many upgrades/updates to come.

See my build here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...6mVHNS3FsRV76S

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a great idea, similar to what I plan. I had a neighbor that did 2 Fiero Ferrari kits a red testerossa and a yellow not sure the make. The turned out pretty good. He was pretty talented and even made the top for the one that had a soft top. I think the cobra will be a better ride!