FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Complete Kit MKIV with Gen 2 Coyote for Sale - READY for JEFF MILLER

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm curious about the Le-Mans T-top - where is it from and how is it supported in the rear?
    Darryl [dbo_texas]
    MKIV #9644 (build thread) (Index)
    MK4 Complete Kit | Gen2 crate Coyote | Tremec T56, 3.55 IRS | power steering | hydroboost | dual roll bars | FFR carbon fiber dash | 18" Halibrands + Wilwoods | RT drop trunk kit & turn signal | front battery mount | saddle leather Intatrim Stoneleigh seats + interior accents

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dbo_texas View Post
    I'm curious about the Le-Mans T-top - where is it from and how is it supported in the rear?
    There is a member on the FFR forum that sells them, at least I think he still does. Gpete. I purchased the partial build from him and it came with it.

See the pic below, but it has a suction cup with a rod that connects to a ball that is attached to the fiberglass top. The top is two pieces and between bolting them together, attaching it to the windshield frame and the two rods it holds it in place pretty good. He told me that the two halves will fit in the trunk as well.

Here are YouTube links to the install which shows how it works.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D072J3Dfx38&t=6s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h_NH-6q670
    I think it will go well with the Breeze roll bars since they are a little lower. In the video the car has the taller roll bars, which isn't quite as good looking in my opinion.

It wouldn't do much in rain, but on a hot, sunny day it would make the ride much more pleasant. And it's not a bad look.

Last edited by juddster; 11-09-2022 at 03:28 PM.
    MKIV #8414 - Complete Kit - Gen 2 Coyote - MT82 6 Speed - Wilwoods - Moser 3.55 Rear

3. Likes dbo_texas liked this post