Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: MotorTrend Article

Post Thanks / Like

MotorTrend Article

Great article from MotorTrend on the new Factory Five Extreme Truck.

“Who doesn’t want to take their Ford F-150 and turn it into a prerunner or homebrew Raptor beater? Fun as that idea is, most people lack the equipment or fabrication skills to make a proper chassis and modifications for such a project. Well, a company has heard your request for a slightly less factory baja-ready F-150, and it comes from a world far removed from hardcore off-roading. Factory Five Racing, yes, the guys behind some of the best Cobra replicas and hot rod kit cars, are coming out with a prerunner chassis that bolts to a factory F-150 crew cab and powertrain to make the Factory Five Extreme Truck kit.”

Check out the rest of the article from MotorTrend: https://www.motortrend.com/events/fa...aUbGD7nrICleYQ

IMG_3237.JPGIMG_3234.jpgIMG_3236.jpg

2. Likes CaptB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting to see what the market is for this. Personally I would have loved to see them reimagine the Manx dune buggy.

A quick search for used 2015+ F-150 Crew Cabs in Dallas area is $17K+ for 150K mile plus examples. Not the best market for used vehicle buyers currently.
    Last edited by svassh; 11-09-2022 at 11:36 AM.
    MK2 Roadster - 347 - Boss 302 Crate 4x2 Weber 44 IDFs

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the prototype in person, and it was really cool. I've had two raptors, and now have a trx, but would have no desire to purchase this kit. My trucks are daily drivers though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by svassh View Post
    Interesting to see what the market is for this. Personally I would have loved to see them reimagine the Manx dune buggy.

A quick search for used 2015+ F-150 Crew Cabs in Dallas area is $17K+ for 150K mile plus examples. Not the best market for used vehicle buyers currently.
    That is true, but the question is what is this kit going to retail for. At $15k for the truck and if the kit is around $25k or less then that puts you at half the cost of the new Ford Raptor R almost half of the TRX as well. Also the generation of truck that was targeted will only get more affordable as time goes on. Ford made almost 5 million of them during their run. The body should be still good being all aluminum. And who cares about the chassis given that is what is getting replaced. I for one love this and already looking at my 2020 f-150 crew cab with a coyote and pondering the question, should I?

Post Thanks / Like
    So, looking for wrecked donors is an option too, to some extent.
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    I think there may be plenty of people that already have a donor truck that they could use to build one of these. It's a lot like the start of their Roadster market where there were plenty of Mustang donors to work with. It's a proven formula.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

8. Likes RoadRacer liked this post