Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Clutch quadrant

Post Thanks / Like

Clutch quadrant

Would anybody know if a clutch quadrant from a 1979-93 mustang would work for roadster? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    yes if your using a mustang pedal box.
    mike

Post Thanks / Like
    no, i'm using the wilwood. i've been waiting for the quadrant/cable for a while now from f5. read the cable isn't very good so i was thinking of buying a kit from late model restoration which includes cable,quadrant,adjuster and fork which i need too.

Post Thanks / Like
    you'll need the clutch quadrant assembly from FFR if you're using the wilwood box. I think i just saw someone recently selling the quadrant assembly on this forum or possible on FB.
    get a Ford OEM cable from Mike Forte. Much nicer than the kit provided one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Free one here if you still need it

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...of-Build-Parts
    MK2 Roadster - 347 - Boss 302 Crate 4x2 Weber 44 IDFs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by haak60 View Post
    Would anybody know if a clutch quadrant from a 1979-93 mustang would work for roadster? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by haak60 View Post
    no, i'm using the wilwood. i've been waiting for the quadrant/cable for a while now from f5. read the cable isn't very good so i was thinking of buying a kit from late model restoration which includes cable,quadrant,adjuster and fork which i need too.
    Completely incompatible parts. Keep in mind the Wilwood pedal box is intended (designed) for a master cylinder driving a hydraulic clutch setup. Factory Five designed some pieces that convert the clutch pedal location to pull the clutch cable. There are drawings and illustrations in the build manual. The parts aren't available elsewhere. And yes the cable Factory Five supplies is inferior to a genuine Ford cable. An easy solution is to go hydraulic.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.