Hello everyone,

Yet another issue thread regarding the installation of the fuel tank. As I always do before posting, I've searched through the forum and have found many to have similar problems (almost identical to this one: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...s-Tank-install), however, the solutions I've found are not working for me.

The vertical 3 x 4'' mounting tubes are not cooperating, specifically the ones on the passenger side. I've tried moving the front one with a dead-blow hammer to no avail. I've had to use ratchet straps but as soon as I release the tension, the vertical tube snaps back. I need to move it a hair over 3/8'' in order for the fuel tank to fit.

Front mounting tube at rest
at_rest.jpg

Front mounting tube in tension
in_tension.jpg

I'm already uncomfortable with the amount of scrapping from trying to get it to fit. In fact, does it look like the fuel tank was knicked?

Front scrapes
front_fuel_tank.jpg

Rear scrapes
back_fuel_tank.jpg

The solution I'm seeing is to mount the tank with the strap in place get the clearance, and then wrap the bottom for the 3 x 4'' front and rear mounting tubes with weatherstrip for cushioning and protection and then release the ratchet. It will snap back into position and pinch the fuel tank with the weatherstrip in between, which I'm not happy about but I'm not seeing other alternatives. The 3/8'' clearance that I need is not trivial so I'm not sure trimming the tube is something I should consider. Also, so far I haven't made any chassis modifications.

Thoughts?