Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Garage Lifts - In your opinion, which is the best and safest?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalstar View Post
    I have a 4 post in the garage, best 1700.00 Craigslist purchase I have made. The make of mine is superlifts. It has the upgraded 220 pump but if I purchased it new, I would have stuck with 110v (slightly slower) but no wiring for the 220. I have 11 foot clearance to the garage door opener and can easily walk under the Vette when it is all the way up and the GTM is 10 inches less in height. When the wife's Jeep is up on the lift for an oil change I can not stand up all the way I usually lower it down to where I can roll around on the shop stool and do what I need seated. I will post pix with the car up to see clearance if you would like.

http://www.superlifts.com/fourpostlifts/black_max.html
    Superlifts here too. 110V. No issues, not super slow either. Quite an upgrade from jack stands.
    Dave
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the one I have. http://www.directlift.com/Pro-Park-8...ift-P44C9.aspx

Looking at the web site it appears the price has gone up a bit but when I bought mine I think I paid around $1,800 when they were running a sale. It came with a slider jack, two jack trays, two drip trays, ramps, and castors. I don't know where it was made but it's sturdy and safe enough for me. I really like being able to set the height from low enough to work sitting on my shop stool to high enough that I can barely reach. The castors are great for moving the lift around and it's free standing. No need for concrete anchors. Some of the pieces are heavy and I'm a 98 lb weakling but I was able to assemble it alone using my engine hoist and some straps.

Wait for a sale and you'll get all the options plus a lower price. Also, I believe they have a distributor in Atlanta so you might save on shipping compared to other companies.

Edit: I just went back to their web site to see what the jack would cost and it's $550. WOW! Mine came with the lift. Here's the link to the jack you need. http://www.directlift.com/Pro-Jack-3500-P45C18.aspx
    Last edited by Rick Williams; 12-08-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Master Builder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Four weeks ago installed a American auto eqip 4 post. Very happy with it went with the 110 version. WE ordered it on a special July 4th 1800 $ with the drip trays, jack tray.Ramps and casters. Delivery was slow (boat from China I guess) .Works great. But be prepared to get at least 3 buddies to lift the main drive on platforms. Took about 5 hours with 4 guys to put together. You probably could put together with two guys and an engine hoist.
    I have seen the Backyard buddy and it IS the nicest ,best one I have seen but its over 3000 $
    Kenny

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say that my lift is the single most useful item I have ver purchased. Mine is a 4 post from (US made) Rotary. Their enthusiast line is made by Revolution Lift. It's incredibly solid, has removeable wheels that can be used to move it around even when there's a car on it. A 6' person can walk fully upright under it and it came with all the jack and drip trays. http://www.revolutionlift.com/4-Post-Lifts-C4.aspx You can order it in whatever color you want too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate the info guys. It sure gives me something to sort through and make a good choice!

Much appreciated.

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 4 post from Autolifters (out of business) they were close so there was no freight. I prefer the lift parts to be external not internal. Not sure who makes them that way any more, it is just stronger than the internal.

Get the drip trays and get a couple (two, one for the rear and one for the front) of Jack trays or jacks.

http://www.backyardbuddy.com/side-by-side-comparison/

I know two posts are external, but it makes sense to me to be safer. The down side is external cables, your choice. Richard.
    Last edited by Richard Oben; 12-09-2011 at 10:37 AM. Reason: More info added
    Richard Oben FFR builder www.northracecars.com

Need help finishing your project we can help here or at your shop.

FFR GTM #34 first GTM with working AC. 400 hp LS1 w/G50
    FFR coupe 3617CP 331 Stack EFI T-5 IRS Cobra brakes, AC/heat.
    Both cars by NRC, we can build (and have built) any FFR product.
    We also make and sell a ton of great parts for the FFR community.
    Brake kits, AC systems, #1 supplier of Team III wheels.