Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: countersunk washer part #15803 thickness

Post Thanks / Like

countersunk washer part #15803 thickness

Hi all,

Random question but we've started on our MK4 build and we're awaiting delivery of backordered part listed in the title of this to complete spindle installation. At this rate I have no idea when this part will arrive, so I'd like to just purchase it myself at Lowe's and move on.

It looks like it's a washer with a 5/8" diameter hole, but anyone know how thick it is? It operates basically as a spacer to get the castle nut locked down at the appropriate height to allow for cotter pin installation, so I'd like to make sure I get a replacement washer of the correct thickness.

Also, I'm assuming material doesn't really matter? Meaning anything steel-based and corrosion-resistant would work?

Thanks,
    Sascha

Post Thanks / Like
    Get the thickest one you can find at lowes, and stack 2-3 up until you get the right height.
    .boB "Iron Man"
    NASA Rocky Mountain, TTU #42, HPDE Instructor
    BDR 1642: Coyote, 6 Speed Auto, Edelbrock Supercharger
    Member: www.MileHiCobraClub.com
    www.RacingTheExocet.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the roadsters and hotrod are similar and on mine that spacer is tapered inside to match the ball joint taper. It won't seat properly on the stud and could wear the hole and get loose from the forces involved. But it's your call, your build.
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1, Gen.2 ordered 11/11/2021 started June 12, 2022, LS3 E-Rod crate engine, Tremec TKX, 8.8 WITH 3.55 Ratio and limited slip with 31 spline axles.17X8 and18x10 Race Star wheels wrapped in Conti Extreme contact DWS tires, Mustang Cobra brakes all around. Electric PS and AC. Hard top, electric windows and bike fenders. First Start 5/31/2023. Go-Kart 6/2/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you looked on McMaster-Carr? They have tons of specialty hardware.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    If you buy washers from Lowes, HD, Ace, True Value, be sure to get 'hardened' washers which are usually in the grade 8 section.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thick hard flat washer(s) will be fine as long as the I.D. Is large enough to clear the taper on the ball joint stud.

Jeff