FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Update on F9? Where is the project heading?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Update on F9? Where is the project heading?

Have not seen any more news on the F9 series. Was holding off on getting a GTM because I liked the F9 better. So, where is FFR at on the F9 series? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's on hold indefinitely.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

4. Thanks J R Jones thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF33rod View Post
    Interesting "planning" quotes from WWII Gen Patton, Gen Rommel, Gen Montgomery.
    Re: Pre Runner truck, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld stated:
    Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know.

jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! I’m also a fan of the F9 series by Factory Five Racing (FFR). According to the web search results, the latest update on the F9 series was in Fall 2020. They announced that they have registered the trademarks for F9, F9R, and F9E, and that they have completed the design of the carbon fiber body. They also said that they are working on finalizing the chassis design and engineering, and that they hope to have a running prototype by late 2021 or early 2022. The F9 series will feature a V12 engine that makes 750 HP and 700 lb.-ft. torque. It will also accept small block Ford crate engines and modular Ford engines as well as LS-series engines2. The F9 series is expected to be a cheaper alternative to supercars like Ferrari and Lamborghini.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK. So we have known unknowns and unknown knowns. Nothing more definitive than that I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    As my old boss the Colonel used to say: It's the Unk-Unk's (Unknown Unknowns) that'll bite you in the a$$!

My guess is that Dave decided that there wasn't a sufficient market for the F9, so he pivoted to the Pre-Runner Truck aimed at the younger folks.

Keith HR #894