Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Poor parts service from Factory Five

Post Thanks / Like

Poor parts service from Factory Five

I'm having trouble getting parts from Factory Five. I ordered a Wiper kit on Dec 1; they charged my card the next day. I got an Order Number which has shows "Awaiting Fulfillment" since then.
    I can't get any info. I emailed Customer Service several times; they said its "green" so ask shipping, so I emailed them. Still no info. I called to ask how I can escalate this issue and got nowhere.
    My experience in past companies, tells me that when you get a lot of “we’re sorrys” but no action or info, they don’t care much about that customer.

Is it me? Is it the “orphaning” of 818? Is this typical; what has been your experience?

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't take it personal, this is just business, good or bad. I do not believe apathy is selective. You might think of order fulfillment as triage, some are easier than others, and some are problematic.
    Your point is well taken. In production parts are ordered in volume resulting in better service and pricing from suppliers.
    I do not know if FFR maintains a service inventory for out of production models. Certainly FFR buying parts one at a time for service would be inefficient.
    I myself prefer business done well, routinely, rather than as a result of exceptions and cajoling. Sometimes Google and resourcefulness is the alternative solution.
    jim
    Last edited by J R Jones; 01-11-2023 at 11:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The last time I needed anything from FFR was back in 2020 and I didn't have any issues.

I'm pretty sure the wiper kit FFR sells now is made by Formacars. You could always reach out to them and see if the holdup is on their end.

https://www.formacars.com/store/80037

4. Likes driveslikejehu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The FormaCars is a good lead; I was about to cancel the FFR order and order from them. (cheaper cuz free shipping)
    But I proved once again that Irony is the fifth causing force in the universe. Package arrived today. FFR still has no info, "order is awaiting fullfillment."
    eye roll and 2 fingers of bourbon if you please...

6. Likes Alan_C, Frank818 liked this post