Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  16

Thread: Here We Go Again

Post Thanks / Like

Here We Go Again

Preliminary panel fitment to our new project. And I ain't happy.

2. Thanks danmas thanked for this post
    Likes jrcuz, JR-FFR5011, John289 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't want to come across as a smarta$$ but I am not going to spend 38 minutes to watch you explain the problem.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

4. Likes Just 1 More, JeffP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll probably never build one of these cars again either Craig, so clearly you don't need any build tips. I make the videos to keep customers updated on the progress of their build. And honestly, the videos would still be private for viewing only by our customers. But a sweet lady in Texas urged me to start making the videos public so I could share some of the things I've learned after all these years of building Factory Five vehicles. I'm sorry you can't appreciate that. Perhaps you should head over to the Vice Grip Garage channel. His video was a short 2+ hours this week. LOL. The difference is our videos aren't for entertainment. They're for helping these first time builders out there building their Factory 5 cars. Thanks for watching as long as you did, Sorry I upset you.

6. Thanks Jrmotorsports55 thanked for this post
    Likes Jrmotorsports55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i.e.427 View Post
    <snip>I make the videos to keep customers updated on the progress of their build. And honestly, the videos would still be private for viewing only by our customers. But a sweet lady in Texas urged me to start making the videos public so I could share some of the things I've learned after all these years of building Factory Five vehicles.<snip>They're for helping these first time builders out there building their Factory 5 cars.
    I like your videos and I appreciate the tips. I have learned a lot. Thanks!

8. Thanks i.e.427, frankeeski thanked for this post
    Likes i.e.427, frankeeski, Barwickad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad the videos are public/published, FWIW.
    Rob Windsor

10. Thanks i.e.427, frankeeski thanked for this post
    Likes i.e.427, frankeeski liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve got #10503 that was delivered in 10/22 and didn’t put it in my build post but the F panels fit like crap and took quite a bit of massaging to fit. The drivers side was a worse fit than the passenger side.

12. Thanks i.e.427 thanked for this post
    Likes i.e.427 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by i.e.427 View Post
    You'll probably never build one of these cars again either Craig, so clearly you don't need any build tips. I make the videos to keep customers updated on the progress of their build. And honestly, the videos would still be private for viewing only by our customers. But a sweet lady in Texas urged me to start making the videos public so I could share some of the things I've learned after all these years of building Factory Five vehicles. I'm sorry you can't appreciate that. Perhaps you should head over to the Vice Grip Garage channel. His video was a short 2+ hours this week. LOL. The difference is our videos aren't for entertainment. They're for helping these first time builders out there building their Factory 5 cars. Thanks for watching as long as you did, Sorry I upset you.
    Keep it up, I watch all of the videos. Never hurts to have too much knowledge. I bought a car that was build 20+ years ago and am going through it updating/changing things to my tastes. Helps to see how these things go together and you provide lots of tips that I can integrate/use with my changes.
    FFR3490 - MK2 Roadster: Yellow with black stripes, mildly built 5.0 with many upgrades/updates to come.

See my build here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...6mVHNS3FsRV76S

14. Thanks i.e.427 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ie427 you didn't upset me at all. Had your video been billed as a helpful resource I might watch it. However this, 'Preliminary panel fitment to our new project. And I ain't happy.' doesn't tell me that at all. Best wishes to you on getting the aluminum sorted out.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

16. Thanks i.e.427 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll grant that the tagine is a but clickbaity there. That being said, I find ie427's videos really helpful and provide a lot of details that come form experience and things you don't get from the manual. I've gone back to some of them multiple times. Which is probably the biggest feedback I can give, which is to expand on the description of the videos so it's easier to understand what is covered in it if you have to search for a specific topic. I've seen videos on YT have the progress bar sectioned with each section titled as to what it talks about. Another thing would be to provide links to products mentioned or recommended. This would also be a great way to support the channel through affiliate links. I understand that all the video production takes a lot of time and effort. The content is really helpful.
    Mk4 Complete Kit, Blueprint 427w EFI Stage 1, IRS, 15", Gordon Levi Wilwood brakes, FFR Power steering (Build Thread)

Notes and additions to the official build manual (PM me if you would like access to contribute)
    Inventory tracking spreadsheet

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like these videos, and appreciate the commentary in addition to the "how-to" explanations. Frank has become somewhat of a celebrity in our house, as I typically watch the videos on the big TV at night.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I don't want to come across as a smarta$$ but I am not going to spend 38 minutes to watch you explain the problem.
    Funny you say that, less mug, more parts/problem solving :-).
    FFR Roadster Delivered 9/16/21
    Forte 427 Fuel Injected with TKX Transmission
    Forte's Axle

20. Likes JeffP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptB View Post
    Funny you say that, less mug, more parts/problem solving :-).
    Hey, Nice shot!

How many peoples lives did you make better today? I know you sure made mine better.

Have a great day.

22. Likes CaptB liked this post