Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  61
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 17 x 9 with 18 X 10 wheels on a MK-4 / Is Anyone Else Running A Similar Stagger?

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

17 x 9 with 18 X 10 wheels on a MK-4 / Is Anyone Else Running A Similar Stagger?

Hey Gang,

1. Remember always that these cars are a handful, especially if your H.P. to Weight Ratio is near 1/5.
    2. We just past the two year mark since the Redbone Roadster became legal to drive.
    3. My biggest takeaway is that I do miss the build and want to build another.
    4. The other big takeaway is that the car is still a thrill to drive.
    5. Stay motivated if you are still working on your car.
    6. The fruits of your labor will be well worth it.

Steve

NOTE:...My 2:00 PM conference call got canceled so I took the car out to grab a late lunch drove 20-25 miles.

Redbone Graduation Link:..https://www.factoryfive.com/whats-ne...-mk4-roadster/
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 04-15-2024 at 09:10 AM.

2. Thanks MVRight, toadster thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This year it will be 19 years since mine was legal and I still can't wait to get it going again in the Spring
    David W
    Mkll 4874 built in 2004
    Gen 3 coupe #16 registered 2018 painted 2019

4. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey Steve, hope you are doing g well..

6. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Williamson View Post
    This year it will be 19 years since mine was legal and I still can't wait to get it going again in the Spring
    David W
    Living up North has got to be tough right now, but I'm sure the summers are amazing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Davkel View Post
    Hey Steve, hope you are doing g well..
    We're doing well and hope to be cruising with you and your lovely wife soon.
    Hopefully we can get together in Madisonville for lunch one weekend.
    Morton's or some other venue on the river would be good.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm looking forward to warm weather and no salt on the road. Let me rephrase that: I'm counting the days! (we currently have no snow in Chicagoland, but it's a bit on the chilly side...) Just watched the video of Lynn Park's Cobra collection and I'm anxious to get out on the road again!
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

10. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_C View Post
    I'm looking forward to warm weather and no salt on the road. Let me rephrase that: I'm counting the days! (we currently have no snow in Chicagoland, but it's a bit on the chilly side...) Just watched the video of Lynn Park's Cobra collection and I'm anxious to get out on the road again!
    I simply don't know how you all do it up there but the good news is that Spring is coming.

For us July and August turn these cars into hot skillets so we tend to drive them at night during the summer months.

Hang In There!

Post Thanks / Like
    7D5C83F7-F96E-4E80-B24F-82F0643180C3.jpegSnowed big time here two weeks ago and snowed again yesterday for another six inches, but my wife and I got out to lunch in between storms. Looking forward to the big drives of summer.
    Bradley

Build thread - Mk4, Coyote, IRS, Wilwood brakes, old-style soft top and accessories.

The distance between "finished" and finished is literally infinite.

13. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GTBradley View Post
    Looks Like A Winter Wonderland To Me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDadGo View Post
    Looks Like A Winter Wonderland To Me!
    From -24° one night a couple of weeks ago (not windchill) to 63° and Sunny the Saturday we made to In and Out burgers - Colorado

I would love to be down that way for Mardi Gras though.
    Bradley

Build thread - Mk4, Coyote, IRS, Wilwood brakes, old-style soft top and accessories.

The distance between "finished" and finished is literally infinite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GTBradley View Post
    From -24° one night a couple of weeks ago (not windchill) to 63° and Sunny the Saturday we made to In and Out burgers - Colorado

I would love to be down that way for Mardi Gras though.
    Mardi Gras falls on February 21st this year.
    Please feel free to give me a yell if you decide to come down.
    I can give you suggestions on where to go and where NOT to go.

2023 Mardi Gras Parade Schedule:
    https://www.mardigrasneworleans.com/parades/
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 01-21-2023 at 01:25 PM.

17. Likes GTBradley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Have headed the advice of the folks on the board and treaded gently while driving. My wife is irritated she has not driven it yet but she has a lead foot and used to love power sliding and drifting our Audi S4 and S5. So..... She scares me a bit LOL! I told her she can drive it but HAS to drive it like a granny. So..... No interest LOL!
    2. Time flies! And as we get older the seasons seem to move even faster. Youth is wasted on the young
    3. ME TOO!!!! Been looking at possible other builds instead of a Roadster. 818??? Hot Rod???? Not happening anytime soon so just will continue with the research part of FFR which is a fun and important aspect of the process.
    4. Oh Heck yea!!!!! The second my Roadster fires to life in the driveway and echos down the valley I just grin like a cat. The process is so fun. Pre flight checklist and walk around, Starting the ignition and checking gauges and engine bay, Idle'ing down the driveway and checking systems before I am at the rode. And then.... Roll out onto the road for an awesome cruise.
    5. This one is tough for me to comment on because the build was so fun. I had no problem with motivation. It was like riding a wave.
    6. Truth!!!
    FFR MK4 Roadster (9945) complete kit, delivered 12/4/2020, First start and go kart 5/7/2021. Legal 8/14/2021, Paint finished 7/18/2022 (Viking Blue). 347BPE CI, TKO600, Moser 8.8 3link 3.55, Halibrand 17x9 17x10.5, power steering. Carbon Fiber Dash. Carbon Fiber trans tunnel, adjustable Kirkey Lowback Vintage seats, Vintage gauges, RT drop trunk mod, FFmetal drop battery mod and trans tunnel, Forte front sway bar. Forte mechanical throttle linkage, RT gas pedal. www.covespringsfarm.com

19. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post
    Likes GoDadGo, Andrew Davis liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I totally get the "Wife With Lead Foot Scenario" and like your better half, mine hasn't driven the car either...What bugs her is our son does drive the car from time to time, but unlike his Mom Baby Go-Dad (age 24) is cautious. ..He also understands the concept of turning left to go right and vice versa where Mrs. Go-Dad just mashes the throttle and goes.

I always told the kids, when they were little, to buckle up tight when they got in Mom's Safari Van. While it was a great kid hauler, I did see her lift each of the back wheels off the ground once or twice on the rare occasions that I was following her. Thank God that Chic Magnet Wobbly Box of a kid hauler has been gone for over a decade. I replaced that van in 2012 a Dodge Challenger and recently got her another Challenger this past fall since she simply loves, loves, loves that model.

I've told her when she's ready to drive the MK-4 we'll go to a parking lot and let her rip, but she's always declined...The good news is I can re-set the rev-limiter with a simple twist of two knobs so the Cobra can be tamed if need be which is what I plan to do if she ever decides she wants to drive the car.

https://www.holley.com/products/igni...s/parts/8727CT
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 01-22-2023 at 07:19 AM.

21. Likes nucjd19 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy 2 years Steve! In two weeks I will hit 16 years with mine. Still enjoy it, just don’t get as much time with it as I used to (too busy doing cars for so many of you other guys). I have boxes of suspension upgrade parts and big brakes stashed away in the shop attic that I’ve been intending to put on for almost a decade—-was thinking “this winter” but realistically that ain’t gonna’ happen Nancy still says she’ll drive it someday but that day doesn’t ever seem to get here…pretty much the same as me riding her horses (Jon knows )! Had our SCCA Regional Director’s meeting yesterday and finalized the 2023 competition schedule which gave me a renewed enthusiasm for our season to start again so that I can get the car out to use it as intended

Jeff

23. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post
    Likes GoDadGo, nucjd19, GTBradley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff, you seriously need to take a break. I don't know how you do it day after day doing the same work. I know you're good at it, but buddy we aren't getting younger, you need to have fun for you. Need to get you hooked up with Gateway and have a long weekend of hard cruising, good food and adult refreshments.
    Mrk III, 331 stroker, Borla stack injection, T5, 3:55 IRS, Power steering and brakes. Kleiner body & paint

25. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post
    Likes GoDadGo, MPTech liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Steve! I have my 3 year anniversary next month. Love this vehicle..
    MK4 #9130 , complete kit, arrived 8/10/2017, Street Legal 2/14/2020.
    DART SHP 347, EFI, TKO600, IRS
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...n-Build-Thread

27. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post
    Likes GoDadGo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    Happy 2 years Steve! In two weeks I will hit 16 years with mine. Still enjoy it, just don’t get as much time with it as I used to (too busy doing cars for so many of you other guys). I have boxes of suspension upgrade parts and big brakes stashed away in the shop attic that I’ve been intending to put on for almost a decade—-was thinking “this winter” but realistically that ain’t gonna’ happen Nancy still says she’ll drive it someday but that day doesn’t ever seem to get here…pretty much the same as me riding her horses (Jon knows )! Had our SCCA Regional Director’s meeting yesterday and finalized the 2023 competition schedule which gave me a renewed enthusiasm for our season to start again so that I can get the car out to use it as intended

Jeff
    Not really sure how you finish as many roadsters as you do with a horse farm to take care of. I think you are freaking Houdini sometimes
    FFR MK4 Roadster (9945) complete kit, delivered 12/4/2020, First start and go kart 5/7/2021. Legal 8/14/2021, Paint finished 7/18/2022 (Viking Blue). 347BPE CI, TKO600, Moser 8.8 3link 3.55, Halibrand 17x9 17x10.5, power steering. Carbon Fiber Dash. Carbon Fiber trans tunnel, adjustable Kirkey Lowback Vintage seats, Vintage gauges, RT drop trunk mod, FFmetal drop battery mod and trans tunnel, Forte front sway bar. Forte mechanical throttle linkage, RT gas pedal. www.covespringsfarm.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nucjd19 View Post
    Not really sure how you finish as many roadsters as you do with a horse farm to take care of. I think you are freaking Houdini sometimes
    What I can not wait to see is a car that Jeff will be painting for a Well Known Factory-5 Fellow!

This car is going to be Cooler Than Cool, but won't be Chevy powered, but will be Very, Very Red!

Let The Guessing Games Begin!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 01-25-2023 at 01:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Last weekend we took the MK-4 out for some fun cruising and I got a chance to ride shotgun with my pal Dave and with my son Baby Go-Dad. last week's link to that day is listed below:

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...ht=years+legal

Yesterday I took the car out for a chilly ride (High 30's) to attend our local Cars & Coffee event in Old Slidell. I decided to wear my old motorcycle riding jacket and found that I actually stayed warm. Later that day my son and I went car shopping for his first new car and we took the Cobra. He looked at a few new Camaro's with 6-Speeds and decided he'd prefer to order a car in an attempt to get exactly what he wants. As expected we had folks at the dealership eyeballing the car so I found myself taking the GM, Finance Manager and two Sales Dudes for rides. All were impressed and it was fun to get their impression of what Factory Five cars are all about.

Late in the evening we went to a local Cruise In where we found more than a few of the Cars & Coffee Crowd at that event. It seemed like folks were over football and ready to drive. We met some new people and made a few new friends. My son got to check out another dynamic duo (Father & Son) and was able to talk to them about the Dad's C-8 and his Son's Camaro.

All in all we only put about 40-50 miles on the car yesterday, but all were exhilarating. At the end of the day we met Mrs. Go-Dad and my Brother for dinner before returning home.

This was the longest day I've been out an about in the car. I left the house at 9:00 AM and didn't get home until about 9:30 PM. The only thing that is bugging me is my face is very wind & sun burned because I didn't think of putting on sunblock.

My Biggest Takeaway Is Factory Five Cars Are Fantastic Fun Since We Built Them!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 02-19-2023 at 05:18 PM.

31. Likes Fman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I cleaned the garage and took the car out to fill it up after I was finished. Instead of going into Slidell to get gas I chose to drive to Lacombe. 10 gallons of 93 Octane Non-Ethanol Go-Go Juice was $39.00. On the way home I took Bayou Paquet Road since it is rather isolated and goes through the Big Branch Wildlife Refuge.

While I didn't feel like cleaning the garage, it needed to be done, but my reward to myself was driving the Redbone Roadster. The big takeaway is the car is always fun to drive, even you are just going to the gas station to fill the tank.

Taking the long way (20 Plus Mile Run) made it worth while because I got to drive my car.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 03-13-2023 at 07:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    You know the old saying........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

34. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post
    Likes GoDadGo, Nigel Allen, Chainsaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me: Taking the car to get gas
    Wife: Does it need gas? It's winter you haven't driven it in a while
    Me: *looks at full gas gauge* It'll be empty by time I get to the gas station!
    Wife: see you in a few hours...

:-)
    MK3 Challenge Car, Boss 347, Sniper 2 EFI

36. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post
    Likes GoDadGo, Chainsaw liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We took the car out of the garage and cruised over to Our Favorite Casual Dining Spot.

https://restaurantcote.com/

It is always a good time when you get a chance to take your wife out to dinner in your Factory-5!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 03-30-2023 at 07:14 PM.

38. Likes BRRT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We took the car out of the garage and cruised over to Our Favorite Casual Dining Spot.

https://restaurantcote.com/

It is always a good time when you get a chance to take your wife out to dinner in your Factory-5!
    That restaurant menu looks GREAT!

Ever had a bad experience with the car setting outside the restaurant? People doing things that they shouldn't?
    ----------------------------------------------

Jeff
    Roadster delivered 8/27/23
    Chevrolet Performance LS3
    Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRRT View Post

Ever had a bad experience with the car setting outside the restaurant? People doing things that they shouldn't?
    holy smokes. that menu DOES look great!
    jealous of all the fresh seafood where you are.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BRRT View Post

We've never had any issue with taking the car out to lunch or dinner, other than it attracts a lot of attention. Most of the places we go are on the North Shore of Lake Pontchartrain or the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

Regarding Restaurant Cote, the Owner/Chef is always in the kitchen creating great dishes. He's the fellow with the beard and the backwards baseball cap in the video.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 04-01-2023 at 05:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by egchewy79 View Post
    holy smokes. that menu DOES look great!
    jealous of all the fresh seafood where you are.
    All I can say is come on down for Cruising The Coast!
    This year it is from October 1st through the 8th.
    You'll have fun, especially if you bring your car.
    Last year we had nearly 10,000 cars attend.
    Great Placed To Eat Are Everywhere!

CTC Website:
    https://cruisinthecoast.com/

9th Annual / My Classic Car
    https://youtu.be/KRebHfL0VwY

25th Annual / My Classic Car
    https://youtu.be/NDY88Vxw6gY
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 04-01-2023 at 06:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Today Baby Go-Dad and I met my brother at The St. Paul's School Crawfish Cook Off.

We drove the car roughly 35 miles through back roads to get from Slidell to Covington and the weather couldn't have been better. On the way home I was still behind the wheel since a few beers were consumed by Baby Go-Dad.

We returned home around 4:00 PM so I headed out again at 5:00 PM to attend the Camelia City Cruise In where I met several friends there. By the time I returned home it was after 8:00 PM so I'd been in and out of the car all day. My pal Dave brought his F5 33 Hotrod while my buddy Gino brought his 1970 GTO. Another acquaintance of mine, Don, brought his Beck Spyder so we had three replicas there last night.

My takeaway is I really like these Cruise In events because you get to meet enthusiasts of all ages, from all backgrounds plus you get to see all sorts of cool cars. These events are more like a night time Cars & Coffee than car shows.

NOTE:..If you are still building your car, the journey is worth taking so keep on working.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 04-23-2023 at 12:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had high expectations for how much fun my car was going to be to drive when I started the build. Turns out I was off by a factor of 10. I now officially hate winter and I am seriously considering moving somewhere warmer when our kids finish college. I have to drive it as often as possible, it just keeps getting better.
    MK4 #10008 - Ordered 10/06/20, Delivered 03/03/21, First Start 7/22/21, First Go Kart 7/24/21
    Paint by Metal Morphous 5/14/22, Legally registered 6/8/22, Graduated 7/20/22
    Build Thread https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...been-delivered
    Complete Kit, Ford 306, Sniper/Dual Sync, T5, Hydraulic clutch

45. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzboy54 View Post
    I had high expectations for how much fun my car was going to be to drive when I started the build. Turns out I was off by a factor of 10. I now officially hate winter and I am seriously considering moving somewhere warmer when our kids finish college. I have to drive it as often as possible, it just keeps getting better.

LOL - having the same conversation with my wife. We're looking at a cheap "winter home/apartment" in the warm south as well as a camper/race trailer for hauling the Cobra and also as last ditch covered parking spot when traveling.
    MK3 Challenge Car, Boss 347, Sniper 2 EFI

47. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post
    Likes Blitzboy54, GoDadGo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by john42 View Post
    LOL - having the same conversation with my wife. We're looking at a cheap "winter home/apartment" in the warm south as well as a camper/race trailer for hauling the Cobra and also as last ditch covered parking spot when traveling.
    I am a little biased but Loving living down here in Bama..... It was in the high 60s today. Took mine out for a little cruise. I have good weather at least 10 months a year with the extreme ends not the best but passable ( February and August ).

49. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Help, My Clutch Foot Isn't Happy!

> Yesterday I drove my car all of the place and this morning I feel like I've got a stone bruise on my left foot.
    > I started with Cars & Coffee and finished the day after cruising around with the Camelia City Cruisers.
    > At the Camelia City Cruiser event, several fellows ask me if my Cobra was a Factory Five?
    > Man, did this make me feel extremely proud because they all knew about our cars.

What A Great Way To Get A Sore Foot; However, I Guess I Need To Ditch My Top Siders!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 05-21-2023 at 06:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    a) you need to drive your car more frequently
    b) drink more water.

Your foot and/or ankle need to be in condition for lots of "clutching". I believe this is a common malady among people who drive three-pedal vehicles only occasionally. You need to get your feet and ankles in shape! And drink lots of water, so your foot/ankle muscles will be happy. Ask me how I know...
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

52. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_C View Post
    a) you need to drive your car more frequently
    b) drink more water.

Your foot and/or ankle need to be in condition for lots of "clutching". I believe this is a common malady among people who drive three-pedal vehicles only occasionally. You need to get your feet and ankles in shape! And drink lots of water, so your foot/ankle muscles will be happy. Ask me how I know...
    A) You are definitely 100% correct because I've only been driving it every other weekend since January.
    .....We did a Cruise in January, Greece in March, HSR Mitty Race in April, Daughter's Law School Graduation in May.
    B) I've also been drinking too much Scotch & Sazerac lately with all the fun activities so it may be Gout since I'm now 60.
    .....Oops, I forgot the Bourbon & Tequila is not helping either.
    C) 53:30 min into the attached video is my oldest baby "Megan" graduating with her baby boy "Mr. Matthew."
    .....https://youtu.be/2iyzua5Crwk
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 05-22-2023 at 05:25 PM.

54. Likes phileas_fogg, Al_C liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I've been driving the car nearly every weekend for jaunts around town along with Car Show and Cruise In Events. I'm now keeping an air compressor in the car and plug kit since I've been venturing further and further from my home. I find that I tend to use the car a lot more in the mornings since June, July & August are always very hot down here in the Deep South. Afternoon showers are also a big part of our weather patterns so like S.CU.B.A. Diving, I need to Plan My Drives & Drive My Plans.

Once we get past Summer, we will get ready for the Biggest Car Event in the nation which is always the first week of October. (Cruising The Coast) As of May 25th, they've already go over 4,200 cars registered. Our cruising goals for this year's C.T.C. event is to hang out over in Bay St. Louis on Wednesday, Pass Christian on Thursday, Ocean Springs on Friday & hopefully Pascagoula on Saturday.

In the meantime, we are just using the car for date nights, and Saturday morning runs with my brother and pals. As always the car is a blast to drive and peppier than nearly every production car we come across except those Amazing Turbo-S German Cars.

These cars runs and drive like a race cars; however, I am far from being a race car driver.

NOTE:.. The funny thing is you can easily make nearly any Porsche disappear if you park a Factory-5 next to it.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 06-04-2023 at 03:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1. Went on a little drive earlier today from Slidell to the Mandeville.
    2. Cruised the lakefront and stopped for a while to cool off.
    3. Put about 60-ish miles driving the backroads.
    4. Yes, it is getting really hot down here.
    5. Drove it again this evening.

Looks Like Summer Is Here!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 06-04-2023 at 07:25 PM.

57. Likes Fman, Railroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I went cruising with Baby Go-Dad in the Cobra and did some car shopping while we were out. He's narrowed his choices down to the C-8 Corvette, Camaro 2SS 6-Speed Manual and Toyota Supra 6-Speed Manual. As for me, I'm really liking the Supra since it is once again a proper left pedal sports car and it isn't as common as the Chevy's on his list.

Later that evening, around 6:45 PM, Mrs. Go-Dad and I went to the Camellia City Cruise In which meets weekly. What I like about this group is any car, motorcycle, Jeep or truck is A-Okay. People of all ages show up with this group and you even see parents bringing their kids.

On another note, while I do miss the build process, driving the Redbone Roadster and sharing it with the car community is wonderful. Little kids love the car so I always let them sit in it once the pipes are cool. Parents appreciate the gesture and always get a few snap shots of them in the car. My feeling is we need to get our kids involved if he hope to perpetuate the hobby.

With that said, if you are are still wrenching, riveting, sanding and painting your project, know that the journey is well worth it so don't give up.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 06-11-2023 at 08:15 AM.

59. Likes cc2Arider liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    On Saturday I put between 100 & 120 miles on the Roadster. To say the least it is freaking hot down here and driving the car after 10:00 AM is not a good idea, but it was fun in spite of the heat. The driving was a combination of interstate and highways for both excursions.

In the morning I attended a Cars & Coffee event at Nonna Randazzo's Bakery (Great Stuff) and in the late afternoon I attended a Cruise In at the Abita Brewery. Both events were fun; however, I did not enjoy any Abita Beer for obvious reasons.

I was hoping to dine at the Abita Brew Pub, but we had some sprinkles that caused me to leave early. Anyway, the car was a dream to drive and so much fun to hang out at these events.

https://nonnaskingcakes.com/

https://abita.com/

https://www.abitabrewpub.com/
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 06-18-2023 at 10:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I Have Done Minimal Driving This Week Because:
    It's Been Freaking Hot-Hot-Hot!

Post Thanks / Like
    I Have Done Minimal Driving This Week Because:
    It's Been Freaking Hot-Hot-Hot!
    Oh yea!!! here in Bama it is beyond scalding. The Roadster drives have been SHORT!

63. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast