Likes Likes:  39

Thread: GTM #534 Build Log

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the AC compressor with bracket.
    PXL_20230309_044243511.jpgPXL_20230309_044222625.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah making either type of flare sounds simple and looks easy when you see the mass produced tubes sitting on the shelf at the parts store, but, as you said, they are rather difficult to get right. The nice thing about the double flare is that if it is not perfect, as you tighten the nut during assembly it will crush the flare to seal on the fitting. This is not the case with the bubble flare. The single, or bubble, flare must have a really nice sealing surface when you are done making it as there is much less "wiggle room" when seating it. Looks good and I hope it seals properly also. Anything that has to do with brake fluid is on my "least favorite" list when working on cars.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    I generally suggest that the tank go as high up as you can get it and therefore it should be up towards the engine firewall. I have always put them on the left side as it is less busy as far as wiring goes.

I should note that Shane's tank fits a stock GTM better than the universal tank that I use, although I don't think it gets up quite as high. As I do not currently have the universal tanks in stock, I would highly recommend Shane's model.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts