Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  39

Thread: GTM #534 Build Log

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

GTM #534 Build Log

Hi everyone,

My name is Fei. I'm 33 and I live in Texas. I'm a very inexperienced builder. A lot people said the GTM kit isn't beginner friendly at all. But I enjoy being hands-on and I love performance cars, so I said **** it and pulled the trigger. I took delivery of GTM#534 around February 2022 (I made a post about it last year saying the delivery driver told me it was the last one). I've been working on it on and off, mostly during the winter times when my garage feels more comfortable than an oven.

I've been reading you guys' post pretty much word-for-word for the past 2-3 years. So, I decided it would be a good idea to post here about my progress. Everything I'm posting will be my first time doing it. Also, to make the "beginner experience" worse, I got a C6 donor instead of a C5. I feel like I possibly shot myself in the foot with this decision but I'm pretty optimistic that I'll eventually make it work (with a ton of research/modifications, of course).

I've seen a lot of yall's build and they're pretty amazing. If the things I post looks like I have no idea what the hell I'm doing, then you're probably right. So, please feel free to offer some pointers. I'll try to be as detailed as I can with my posts/replies. I'm currently at work. I'll start posting later when I'm at home. Thanks!

Fei
    Last edited by ohmygosuness; 02-07-2023 at 01:34 PM.

2. Likes VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC, beeman liked this post