Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  39

Thread: GTM #534 Build Log

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Sorry to send you down a rabbit hole. I'll buy the fittings from you if you like. As you can see, they are what we use.

Now back to the issue. The problem I see with your proposed solution is that I believe the fitting you are using is pipe thread and you have it screwed into straight threads on the MC. I don't believe this will work. I have seen others connect up the proper way so I know it is doable. Too bad none of them have provided any pictures or insight.

Have you spoken with anyone at ANPlumbing.com? One of the reasons I use that vendor is because they have people there that will work with you and get you what you need. Prices are pretty close to Summit and Jegs but their searchability is much better. Maybe a lower profile banjo/bolt will work...maybe not, but it might be worth a phone call to ask what they have available?

Then, of course, there is always frame member modification...if you are willing and able. I seem to remember a small modification was done on the other setups I saw with the tubes coming out the front.
    Crash, I do like the banjo fittings. I could definitely use them for the MC's, you don't have to buy them from me lol.

Here is the link to the elbow fitting I got. It's 3AN female to 3AN male:

Podavelle 3AN Female to 3AN Male Flare 90 Degree Elbow Swivel Fitting Adapter Coupler Aluminum Black https://a.co/d/6IZjW98

Let me know what you think. Also, I'm thinking about getting more banjo fitting for the other MC's. They just seem very reliable.
    Last edited by ohmygosuness; 04-25-2023 at 02:14 PM.