Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  39

Thread: GTM #534 Build Log

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You don't need any of those separate internal sleeves in the adaptors with the corrugated lines. That's the problem you have there. Yes, you can ditch the corrugated stuff and switch to stainless or alum tubes and silicone elbows, but you will have to bead the ends of the tubes so that the coolant system pressure can't push the joints apart.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post
    You don't need any of those separate internal sleeves in the adaptors with the corrugated lines. That's the problem you have there. Yes, you can ditch the corrugated stuff and switch to stainless or alum tubes and silicone elbows, but you will have to bead the ends of the tubes so that the coolant system pressure can't push the joints apart.
    Thanks Shane, you're right! It fits good without the sleeves. The sleeves are only for the aluminum hard lines (according to the manual). I may just stick with the corrugated hose for now, and use the FF provided aluminum hard line for the long, straight section inside the tunnel.

I'm also thinking about insulating the crap out of the outlet of the water pump going through the tunnel, since I heard that heat in the cabin may be an issue.

Something on the manual doesn't seem to make sense on this part. It's basically saying to connect the 1.5" diameter hard line to the upper port of the water pump (about 1.25" diameter). While connecting the 1.25" diameter hardline to the lower port (1.5" diameter). Why are the lines not connecting to ports with their corresponding sizes? (1.25" line to 1.25" port, etc)