Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
Hot water on driver's side under rocker panel and cool side on passenger side.

It does require quite a few 90 degree and 45 degree both soft and hard bends. I also have the advantage of having a tube beader so I cut to length and then beaded the ends of the tubes.

I did every connection with double hose clamps for two reasons:

1) It is a rule requirement for the racing sanctioning bodies we run under
2) I also used a 30 pound cap that allows me to run the cooling system to 250 degrees without boil over

Double hose clamps is not a big deal if you have the normal 4 hose connections. 8 versus 4 hose clamps used. But when you have a GTM...holy crap I ordered fifty 1.5" and fifty 1.75" clamps. I used 10 silicone elbows on each side so two ends equals 20 single hose clamp connections, equals 40 double hose clamp connections!

If you are just running a street GTM you can use regular rubber elbows and single hose clamps. It is a bit of work though. Just be prepared.

I will note that the fuel tanks are not in the stock location on this race car. I know people have done the conversion to outside lines with the stock fuel tanks, but I am not sure how they ran the water lines around them. I would think the hot would be easy to go over the drivers tank and then down to the rocker area. The cool line I am not sure how that was done on a stock GTM. Maybe someone that has done it can share?
I've been wondering if it's outside (or under the car) what happens if it hits a rock on the highway. My car may see some tracks but it's mainly for the streets, and the roads in Houston are VERY bumpy.

Do you have any pictures?