Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Possible roadster build

Post Thanks / Like

Possible roadster build

I知 hoping to find someone near Greenville, S C that would be willing to let me look at and sit in their roadster. I知 6ft 255, would like to be sure that I値l fit comfortably in the roadster. Wanting to build the roadster but if it痴 too small I値l opt for the 35 pickup instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I just finished a MK4 in May last year. Seats are mounted clear to the back. No seat tracks. I am 6'2 and 260. I am also 64yrs old. Seating is fine. I have no visual obstruction issues with looking through the windshield. I have two things to make you aware of. 1. At times,,, when getting out...I actually have to grad my left leg to help it over the door sill. Could be my age or my big foot. lol. 2. The distance between the accel pedal and brake pedal is not alot. There are ways (mods) out there to resolve this. You can buy narrower shoes or take your right shoe off when driving. You can also raise the steering column up a bit (1/4 inch) by putting some washers under the mount just forward of the steering wheel. It seemed to work for me.
    Last edited by Dieter123; 02-09-2023 at 09:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm 6'-2", 240 and have no problem driving or getting in or out and 72 years old. More of an issue of getting out of my 911 Porsche!

4. Thanks Buddy D thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mk4 is early in the build process, but if you find yourself in Fort Mill, SC (about 2 hours east of you), feel free to drop by!
    Rob
    Mk4 Complete Kit, #10465
    Ordered 11/14/21, Build School 5/20/22, Delivered 8/22/22, Engine/Transmission Delivered 3/27/23, Installed 9/3/23, First Start 2/14/24
    347FI/TKX/IRS "Street Look"-no hoodscoop or rollbar, undercar exhaust
    Build Thread

6. Thanks Buddy D thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    6'2" here and well over 275 LOL and size 13 wide shoes. There are half a dozen little tricks to gain more room for us big boys. The seat can make huge differences. I even did a custom dash to gain me more leg room. It all matters, but the good thing is it will be yours and you can build it to fit your personal measurements.
    Last edited by TBull; 02-10-2023 at 03:47 PM.
    FFR #4402 MKII Supercharged 308 445 RWHP Sterling Grey W/ Black Sapphire Stripes, Purchase 8/22/2008 Sold 12/04/2018
    FFR #8249 MK IV "Milano" Kit purchased 10/5/2018 - In-Process with 3.27 IRS, Multiport, Fuel Injected Supercharged 347 Big bore with Coil On Plug running Holley HP engine management, 576 RWHP, 510 Torque
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showthread.php?29980 Milano thread

8. Thanks Buddy D thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm the closest In Abbeville SC. Dash is currently out but you will get the idea.