BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: 33 Hot Rod Sound system

Post Thanks / Like

33 Hot Rod Sound system

Looking for ideas of were to mount front speakers not in doors. Any pics and ideas would help. Was thinking of making a center console and mount in there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I built a speaker box that is part of the center console and fits under the dashboard with a 5.25" coax speaker facing out each side. Sorry, no photo available since the Forum won't let me upload files right now(?)

Keith HR #894

Post Thanks / Like
    I mounted 6.5” speakers in the waterfall.
    '33 Hotrod, #1047 Gen 1, delivered on 2/27/18, go cart on 9/24/18.
    LS3 w/Gearstar Level 3 4L65e Tranny, Yank converter, Lokar shifter, Electric PS, Vintage AC/Heat/Def, 8.8" 3.55
    TorqThrust II Wheels w/Toyo Proxy T1 Sport Tires, F 235/45ZR17 R 295/35ZR18
    Garage Built, Driveway Painted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Similar to the above: 6.5" coaxials in the waterfall, 5.25" coaxials in the console in the footwell, and an 8" powered sub behind the passenger side. Here's a pic of the waterfall speaker and sub....

Steve

IMG_4033a.jpg
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I see you are HR #894. When in the order-to-delivery stage do you get that number? I placed the order for my Hot Rod on 12/30/2022 and was given a 5/20/2023 ready to ship date, so am hoping I will see Stewart Transportation arriving sometime in June. So far, all I have received from FFR is my sales order showing everything I ordered and the total price, minus deposit. I contacted Stewart when I got the sales order and gave them all that information, and he said we are good to go. Am I issued the build number with the MSO and vehicle ID tag arrives, shortly after delivery? FFR said I will expect that to be sent 10 days after delivery. My motor and transmission are supposed to be delivered in February, but I just want to see everything in my garage!!! The rear axle is done, and waiting in my garage now. Also, about how long does it take to unload the kit when Stewart arrives? Is it a one hour job, or should I plan on a day off from work. I work about 15 minutes away from home, so I was planning to just head home when I get their call. Also, how much notice does Stewart give before they arrive? Sorry for all the questions, but just want to know in advance what to expect. Thanks.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is what I did. 4 speakers in the waterfall.

AEBBEDD1-D9CD-4166-9577-B68D91906D02.jpeg
    16+ FFR kits and counting!

7. Likes jwelch7818 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DanQ View Post
    I see you are HR #894. When in the order-to-delivery stage do you get that number? I placed the order for my Hot Rod on 12/30/2022 and was given a 5/20/2023 ready to ship date, so am hoping I will see Stewart Transportation arriving sometime in June. So far, all I have received from FFR is my sales order showing everything I ordered and the total price, minus deposit. I contacted Stewart when I got the sales order and gave them all that information, and he said we are good to go. Am I issued the build number with the MSO and vehicle ID tag arrives, shortly after delivery? FFR said I will expect that to be sent 10 days after delivery. My motor and transmission are supposed to be delivered in February, but I just want to see everything in my garage!!! The rear axle is done, and waiting in my garage now. Also, about how long does it take to unload the kit when Stewart arrives? Is it a one hour job, or should I plan on a day off from work. I work about 15 minutes away from home, so I was planning to just head home when I get their call. Also, how much notice does Stewart give before they arrive? Sorry for all the questions, but just want to know in advance what to expect. Thanks.
    Stewart called me when they were about 30 mins out and it took less than 1 hour to unload. They have their own dolly and the unload process down to a science.
    Scott Pregont
    Present build: 65 Daytona Coupe #393 - Forte 427 EFI crate w/TKX 2.87/ .81 - Ordered 11/16/21 - Delivered 6/23/2022
    Build Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...na-Coupe-build
    My Albums
    Special Tools, Custom Parts, misc supplies: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/album.php?albumid=2045
    Garage Pics: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/album.php?albumid=2041
    POR15 First Try: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/album.php?albumid=2068
    Silicone application tips: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/album.php?albumid=2063

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DanQ View Post
    Dan, I appreciate all the questions you have, many do but this has nothing to do with this thread - hot rod stereo system. You should make these inquiries as a separate thread either in the generic hot rod or FFR general parts of the forum in the future.
    Cheers
    Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

10. Likes Just 1 More liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sorry all, I am new to this site and trying to learn how to properly navigate this forum.

12. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been giving quite a bit of thought of what approach to take with my build.

My tendency is towards a more minimalist approach, so I'm thinking of using one of those "hideaway" marine type receivers. Your smart device becomes the controller for the AM/FM tuner in the hideaway unit. So no faceplate means no console is needed. Plus the one I'm looking at comes with a USB port that you can connect a mass storage device like a SSD to....digital jukebox LOL.

Also considering going with removable headrests that have speakers fitted into them that I can just pull out and stow away at car shows.

Earl
    1st Speedstar in Canada 31 March 2023.
    Built by me 302 engine, AOD trans, 3.55 IRS.

Post Thanks / Like
    The good news is that with the hot rod being so loud, you can get away with cheaper speakers. I just could not get my factory seats to work out for me, so I went with Miata seats. They have headrest speakers and I can at lease hear them. I went with tweeters in the door and 6.5" speaker on the center console facing sideways. This system is not great, but it does the job.

15. Thanks JimLev thanked for this post