Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don's 35 Extended Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Mark,
    I agree that you have it set up as per the manual. But for me it did not work for the reasons Don stated. My hood would only fit and work the way I sent you
    photos of.

Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Don and Lewis..... I'll get it figured out.

one further question.... My lower radiator hose outlet hits the frame when setting on the chassis. Did you just pull up on the brackets that "slot" into the upper control arm bushing bolts to pick up on the radiator.... and/or remove some metal under the lower radiator hose outlet?

Thanks

Mark
    Last edited by mkassab; 05-18-2023 at 05:35 AM.
    Mark
    '35 Truck
    Build Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...35-Truck-Build
    Brevard, NC

East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark the Blue truck has the hinge mounted inward - the pic is a blurry I think ... my prototype on the original truck has it mounted like yours mostly. Basically you need to get the radiator and condenser as close as possible to the grill and then have the bracket installed.. keep in mind the brackets do get updated from time to time - but generally the install is the same

FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik W. Treves View Post
    Mark the Blue truck has the hinge mounted inward - the pic is a blurry I think ... my prototype on the original truck has it mounted like yours mostly. Basically you need to get the radiator and condenser as close as possible to the grill and then have the bracket installed.. keep in mind the brackets do get updated from time to time - but generally the install is the same

Thanks Erik.... Mine is like you have pictured above. I'll also add my setup is just like Walace18's build.... so I do think I have mine correct... but time will tell once I start to install/fit my Hood and it's Hinges.

Mark
    Mark
    '35 Truck
    Build Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...35-Truck-Build
    Brevard, NC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12