Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Forum Four Days In

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Forum Four Days In

We're on our 5th day and I have a teleconf with the moderators here today. We (mostly 'fraidy-cat me) have been goping slow on the forum launch by design. We are going to begine opening the invites up to a larger audience and adding vendors in really appropriate locations that dont cheese-up the site.

Any suggestions you guy have can be added to the list. Right now we are trying to make sure there are no bugs, minimal hiccups, and the site is well strcutured and organized.

Open to any ideas and dont hold back on the criticisms since this is so important that we get it right. Also, any criticisms are Dave Hodgkins fault for sure.. kidding.

Dave Smith
    FFR001
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good so far

Helicopter Wrench-Bender ChopperJustin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

3 suggestions

Just a couple suggestions:

1) I personally really like the custom user titles on other sites. I started a thread under general discussions asking the mods about it, and I hope you guys let us open this up and have some fun

2) More subscription options. I like the set-up feature where, when you post, you are automatically subscribed to that thread. It makes it easier to find later on and still be a part of the conversation later. Its easy to find threads here right now, but once this forum blows up - and it will - threads will be moving down the list quickly. the subscribe features help a lot!

3) Photos? I love the photo galleries on other sites. I don't have a photobucket account. I'd personally love to be able to post my photos right on my profile. I don't know if you guys have the infrastructure to support this, but it's really cool to have that "visual encyclopedia" of mods, tooling, etc... etc... etc...

Thanks!
    "Gravity, It's The Law"

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good so far!
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    I quick jump (one click) to different locations, off topic, roadster, 33, etc. somewhere on each page would be nice. Hitting the "quick navigation" then searching all of the topics and then clicking the one you want is more cumbersome (multiple clicks) than a 1 click jump to the most common areas.
    Aaron

Holley 650 DP / Performer RPM Intake / Twisted Wedge Heads / 347 ci / TKO500 / 3.73 rear gears

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like the limited number of available smiles, and they are too small. Avatar's are also too small.

Please don't add a million sub-forums. I felt the "other" site had way too many unnecessary sub-forums. Less is sometime more IMO.
    SOLD MY MK III Oct 4. 2010
    1987 Buick Grand National (All original with only 16k miles on it)
    1965 Buick Riviera Gran Sport (Currently undergoing a complete Frame off restoration)
    2005 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew (Daily Driver)
    2001 Dodge Grand Caravan (Beater)

Post Thanks / Like
    With 1,378 members in 4 days I think your doing just fine. The best is yet to come.

And be sure to let me know when you are ready to start taking on advertisers.
    Doug Rosier
    FFR #4737. IRS, Dual Roll Bars, 427w, TKO, Wilwood Brakes, Mass-Flo Fuel Injection, Bullit Wheels, a Bimini Top and Plenty of Fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love it so far. loads up fast on my slow connection.....waiting for the wiki to get rolling

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave,
    A build wiki built around the electronic build manual with user submissions and moderator certification.

Have I said that before?

I haven't even picked up my roadster yet and the wife wants me to do the '33...I'll need all the help I can get!

Cheers,
    Vic
    10 years after my roadster build....
    289 FIA (pickup 28/08/20 if covid permits)
    currently building a 289 and accumulating parts needed to finish a Canadian Kit.