Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: It's alive!

Post Thanks / Like

It's alive!

Started my car and drove it down the block. Wahoo!

818S, 02 WRX, EJ205 with new 2500cc crank - 2.14L, Blouch turbo and 1050 injectors, (I'll get her tuned for pump gas and E85 after break in), Aviaid dry sump with cyl heads scavenged, AWIC with Davies Craig pump and 1" lines to the heat exchanger, 4 wheel Cadillac Brembos, 215/35ZR18 front and 255/35ZR18 rear Michelin Pilot sport on Enkei 10 spoke wheels.

So far, so good. I was worried about the brake pedal feel, but so far it seems OK. Didn't get over about 30mph today. Alternator belt squeals so I took it off and I'll replace the alternator - feels a little ruff when spun by hand. I'll go kart it a little more and start working on mounting the body so I can go through the 5 step registration process in CA. Can't wait to start beating up the canyon roads.

Ed Holyoke

Post Thanks / Like
    Exciting day. Great news. Congrats.
    Ivan

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Definitely going to be follow along to see how the CA SB100 process goes. Tentatively planning to attempt early 2024.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blomb11 View Post
    Congrats! Definitely going to be follow along to see how the CA SB100 process goes. Tentatively planning to attempt early 2024.
    Already got the fees paid and the use tax taken care of. I got a one day operating permit for brake and light inspection, which of course I don't have any lights on my go kart. The lady would not/could not issue a sequence number because I don't yet have a VIN from CHP. Sigh.

Got her up to about 40 to do a brake test and found out why I need a windscreen. The unsecured dash flew up in my face! I was so busy holding onto it and trying not to hit a parked car that I couldn't focus on braking action. A pair of spring clamps should help keep that from happening again. Got a mile and a half on her.

Ed