Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How do you wash/keep clean your Coupe?

Post Thanks / Like

How do you wash/keep clean your Coupe?

Hi all,

Just wondering how to wash my Coupe next summer when needed with all those openings and not so weatherproof electric connections.
    Do you always wash when engine is cold, put a tarp over it, clog the no windows side and stuff like that?
    Or use these spray on dry cleaning stuff in a can?
    Insight needed.
    TIA.

François

Post Thanks / Like
    I have side windows so just wash it like a normal car but don't spray water at the side windows as the seal is not perfect. Some water gets in but not a problem.
    I have been caught in heavy rain a few times in my Cobra before I could get the top on and it ran just fine. Even with the top on you still get wet and the car drys out afterwards.
    David W
    Mkll 4874 built in 2004
    Gen 3 coupe #16 registered 2018 painted 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine doesn't get washed in the normal way, e.g. hose, etc. If the weather has been kind, detail spray and soft cloth gets it done. If it's dirtier than that, I use waterless wash and wax. Specifically Meguiar's ‎G3626. There are others.

Curious what you mean by "not so weatherproof electric connections." Headlights, tail lights, etc.? You didn't use Weatherpack connectors? No reason for everything to not be weatherproof.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Curious what you mean by "not so weatherproof electric connections." Headlights, tail lights, etc.? You didn't use Weatherpack connectors? No reason for everything to not be weatherproof.
    Nope! But will get them and make correction. Thanks!
    As an owner of older italian stallions I am being careful about how I wash cars…Sometimes « things » happen…