FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anyone up for a challenge? I need some wiring help!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone up for a challenge? I need some wiring help!

I'm having some pretty major wiring issues with my coupe/gen 3 coyote. My first problem is that I'm able to start the motor but it will not shut off with the key turned off and removed. The only way I was able to get the motor to stop is to pull the coil fuse from the fuse box. I think I have everything wired correctly but obviously I'm missing something. I have the blue wire out of the coyote harness hooked up to the blue wire on the ron francis harness, light green wired to the orange coil wire so I think that's all correct. The fuel pump green wire is hooked up to the orange jumper in the fuse box. I have all the ignition wires hooked up per the wire harness instructions but something is really wrong. On my start up, I had all gauges working fine with the exception of the tach was a little glitchy but now I have no gauges working at all (no power at the fuse for gauges/radio and the fuse is not blown). I'm going on a hunt tomorrow for a faulty ground somewhere. The weird thing is, the coil wire is hot all the time unless I disconnect the battery. Hot at the ignition switch and the fuse.
    I have 2 power wires from my battery, one to the Coyote fuse box, and one to the starter. I then have a power wire from the starter to a bus bar that has the 3 red wires from the RF harness connected together. The coyote ground is run to the battery ground.
    I'm really at loss and appreciate any guidance on troubleshooting.

Thanks in advance!!!! Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check your wiring at the ignition switch and if that's correct, check the ignition switch on a bench. How old is the kit? FFR had a run of bad ignition switches several years ago.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the advice. I will look in to it. I received the kit last October but I will absolutely bench test the switch.