FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: No more pack lists for POL?

Post Thanks / Like

No more pack lists for POL?

Anyone else out there not getting pack lists for their POL shipments anymore? My last... oh I want to say three boxes that have arrived off my POL no longer have pack list anywhere to be found. Luckily with what I have left, identifying items shouldn't be too difficult but still...??? I was filing the pack lists in a binder with the original inventory checklist and POL sheet as a double check as things are received and inventory updated. Dunno if this is just part of their new inventory system transition or what. It could be problematic though, as on the very last shipment I received that DID have a pack list, one of the items on the pack list wasn't actually in the box. So I had to contact them again to get it re-added to the POL. I received my kit in October '22, and am just about through the POL. Still missing the rear hatch glass, and, most annoyingly, upper control arm mounting bolts and the rear LCAs for the IRS. As a side note, I didn't realize I was missing the front upper control arm bolts till I went to install them. The bolts were not in the "fastener pack" and they weren't packed/listed separately anywhere on my inventory list. I even inventoried the fastener pack straight off a list provided by FFR, so it wasn't that they were missing from the fastener pack, they're simply not included in it. Or at least they weren't. For the most part none of this has held me up terribly much, as I just move around and find whatever I can work on next, but there have definitely been some bumps in this transition.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just received my first POL box, and no packing list for me either. Gotta admit, I'm a little worried about identifying everything that comes in.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven’t got a box for a few weeks now, but they pack lists. Still waiting on 20+ line items. No pack list would be very difficult.

Post Thanks / Like
    I received my kit in August 22 and packing lists for POL and MIK shipments have been inconsistent, sometimes they are there others no.
    I am scheduled to get a MIK shipment today that I hope will be the last of my missing parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a worry when your POL is MIK.
    Mk.4 FFR supplied Right hand drive
    Received 12/2012 completed 12/2019
    Gen1 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS
    Lots of mods to make compliant for Australian design rules

6. Likes WIS89 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just received notification of some additional upcoming shipments, so we shall see.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Last two POL's I received came that way. It was a single item and a complete component with multiple items. I have another POL Coming in this week but I believe it to be the hatch glass as it's being shipped freight. This is a little worrisome as I've had had two POL deliveries with items missing.

Update: Pallet contained additional box with POL parts No Packing Slip
    Last edited by tbhorner; 03-28-2023 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Update

Post Thanks / Like
    No list in any of the POL shipments received to date. Concerning since two boxes received had holes so I was unsure of what was in there to begin with (did something fall out during shipping?).

Another time I received a "shipping soon" email with a list of items only to receive a portion of what was on the list. No packing slip. Had to email FFR to confirm what was received was all that was in the box. The other items were yet to ship.

Just me but being a customer support manager in a past life, I'd think that adding a packing slip in a shipment would cut down the frustration as well as emails/calls for confirmation. Growing pains, I'm sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgc333 View Post
    I received my kit in August 22 and packing lists for POL and MIK shipments have been inconsistent, sometimes they are there others no.
    I am scheduled to get a MIK shipment today that I hope will be the last of my missing parts.
    Well My MIK shipment came with a packing list. I am only waiting one part to be complete. A clock spring that is used to return the handle on the optional billet interior door handle.

Post Thanks / Like
    My last two boxes DID have pack lists so.... inconsistent right now. Another discrepancy I need to have rectified though. Packlist said there should be two rear quarter windows. There was only one. Still waiting on the rear hatch glass. Finally got my rear LCAs and all my missing hardware (that I'm aware of).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSn8ke View Post
    My last two boxes DID have pack lists so.... inconsistent right now. Another discrepancy I need to have rectified though. Packlist said there should be two rear quarter windows. There was only one. Still waiting on the rear hatch glass. Finally got my rear LCAs and all my missing hardware (that I'm aware of).
    Check with FFR, I received some shipments, and was still waiting on some additional parts. I decided to email to see what parts they had on their list to ship me and they said none. I sent my remaining list again and they got the rest of my parts shipped within a few days. I now have all of my parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Received a POL shipment on Saturday and it DID have a packing list. Each item on my POL had a specific reference number and the packing list with the 4 boxes used the same reference numbers so it was very easy to cross check it against my POL. Maybe they are getting their systems all worked out?
    2nd MK4 #10639 received 3-19-23. Wife's version. Street Snake - IRS, Willwoods, no roll bars, no hood scoop, no stripes, Blue Print EFI 306 with AOD trans, and under car exhaust. Ford Eruption Green with saddle leather interior.
    1st build - Mk4 Roadster #9319, received 4-10-18. IL registration 8/6/19. Moser 8.8. 3 Link. Wilwood brakes. Blue Print 427, Holley 750, TKO 600, 0.64 OD. Paint Dec 2020. Ruby Red with Carbon Flash Black metallic stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since my last post I have received one more POL delivery and it did have a packing list. There is another (hopefully last) on its way and I suspect it will have a PL as well.

Here's to everyone getting all your parts soon and the build goes smooth(ish)

Post Thanks / Like
    I've received a couple shipments without packing lists and others that contained POL items that weren't on the list. In many cases, this led to duplicate items being shipped later. Only a few items left on the POL list and a package is scheduled to be delivered on Saturday. Could be the last box. I will admit, getting random packages has been fun but the overall build has been on hold more than I wanted due to missing parts.
    Lars
    Novice Build: 289 USRRC Complete Kit #10524, 3rd Gen Coyote, TKX, IRS, 17" Halibrands, Wilwood Brakes, Power Steering