Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Autocross at NASA Crow's Landing, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Autocross at NASA Crow's Landing, CA

This was an event hosted by the GGR-PCA (Golden Gate Region of the Porsche Club of America.

HMB Daytona and I were there.

Here is a video of two of my 12 laps for the day: first lap driven with some semblance of smoothness, second lap driven with mayhem for the first half- much more fun. Smooth laps make me yawn.

https://youtu.be/JiBKRSM7iP0

These runs were with the FFR stainless sidepipes- gloriously loud.

Dave
    Gen III #17XCBR7677.JPGIMG_0759.jpgIMG_0762.jpgIMG_0686.jpgIMG_0688.jpgIMG_0764.jpg
    14,700+ miles

2. Likes D Stand, cc2Arider liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dave,
    What kind of sound monitoring data have you obtained from some of your outings. I have a 102.3 DB at 50 ft at Portland and not sure if I would be able to achieve that with the FFR side pipes. I am concerned that future track days could be impacted. Laguna Seca has one one of the strictest that I know of.

Lance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by F500guy View Post
    Dave,
    What kind of sound monitoring data have you obtained from some of your outings. I have a 102.3 DB at 50 ft at Portland and not sure if I would be able to achieve that with the FFR side pipes. I am concerned that future track days could be impacted. Laguna Seca has one one of the strictest that I know of.

Lance
    Hi Lance,

See this thread with pictures if you've not aready:

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-in-Salinas-CA

I can pass sound at Laguna Seca (90 dB days) flat out past the sound booth.

I also ran one day at Portland International Raceway where there was an AM sound limit (forget what that was).

Dave
    Gen III #17

5. Thanks F500guy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a non-stability-processed clip which I think views better as it does not have the swinging side-to-side view:

https://youtu.be/4r5lDs1iXEA

Dave
    Gen III #17

Post Thanks / Like
    Boy that looks like a lot of fun! I love the venue as there is no curbs or barriers to be concerned with. A great place to push the car and learn how it behaves when you push too hard.
    MK4 base kit, 2004 Mach 1 donor, 4.6L DOHC, TR-3650 5-speed, narrowed stock axle with 3.55 gears and TruTrac, PS, PB, ABS, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, started 12/2011, registered 9/2014, sold 3/1/2018.
    1970 Mustang Fastback Coyote powered Boss 302 tribute. Started 10/14/16.
    Gen 3 Coupe Base Kit non-donor build. Ordered 4/5/2024 to be received August 2024.