BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: I want to clear something up....

Post Thanks / Like

I want to clear something up....

This new FFR car is NOT going to be a ricer.

I think the term "ricer" has been blown out of proportion. I don't consider cars with 4 cylinders a ricer just because it's got a 4 banger. Is my dad's Lotus Elsie a ricer? My MR2 Turbo that dyno'd 271 rwhp wasn't a ricer. The dude going down the road with a primer color body kit on a honda civic, with cut springs, and a huge fart can hanging out the back....that's a ricer. Oh, and don't forget the Toyota Supra wing on the back.

I know most are calling it a ricer in a joking manner, but what FFR is designing could possibly be the fastest car they have.

I can't help but to compare it to the Elise. 190 hp and 1900 or so lbs. This thing screams! Even the acceleration is fast. I didn't realize how fast it was until I actually pulled on a Porsche 911 on the front stretch of VIR. As far as the braking, or corners, forget it. Nothing can touch it.

I can't imagine less weight, and even more power. The new Factory Five Apex (I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself), is going to be awesome.....no matter what it looks like.

Steve

Soon to be FFR builder Kc_Shane's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve91T View Post
    I think the term "ricer" has been blown out of proportion. I don't consider cars with 4 cylinders a ricer just because it's got a 4 banger. Is my dad's Lotus Elsie a ricer? My MR2 Turbo that dyno'd 271 rwhp wasn't a ricer. The dude going down the road with a primer color body kit on a honda civic, with cut springs, and a huge fart can hanging out the back....that's a ricer. Oh, and don't forget the Toyota Supra wing on the back.
    I agree with you on this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, well said.
    DP
    I can do anything with enough time and money.

Post Thanks / Like
    And what's with all of the Japanese name suggestions? We're just borrowing some of their running gear, not outsourcing design and production.
    I'm waiting to see how the prototype turns out.

Post Thanks / Like
    The term "ricer" came from the term "Rice burner" meaning the engine ran on rice, Obviously cause Japanese people eat lots of rice, So if it has a Japanese engine its a ricer. That being said, this may very well be the first rice burning vehicle I ever own.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Funny, I always thought ricer referred to the motorcycles, aka, crotch rocket, sport bike, etc. I guess that was before the mods to the cars started happening.

EFI Rules and Carbs Drool Arrowhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cChrisM View Post
    Funny, I always thought ricer referred to the motorcycles, aka, crotch rocket, sport bike, etc. I guess that was before the mods to the cars started happening.
    Nope, the techinical term for Japanese motor cycle is "Rice Rocket"

"Ricer" is slang for an import that's had a half a__ed body kit / wing / cold air intake, etc.

"Tuner" is a well done high HP inport that will give most modern muscle cars a run for thier money.

The new FFR car is like a downsized Supercar - Kind of like a "SuperTuner"

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe not
    The new FFR car is like a downsized Supercar - Kind of like a "SuperTuner"
    but Concentrated

Post Thanks / Like
    So then do we call it a FFR Tuner ????

Maybe the Factory Five ST or ST5
    MKIII #3835 IRS, Anderson Performance 408 Levy T-5 Trans, Team III Wheels
    Paint completed November 2010, passed NJ State Safety Inspection June 21st, Tagged and First Drive 7/1/2011

Post Thanks / Like
    No no, every Subaru + other brand car like the Saab 9-2X (Saabaru), Toyota FT-86 concept (Toyobaru) is a blend of both car names.

The new FFR subie kit car shall be known as the "Factory Fubaru"

The "FUBAR" portion could Faster Up Beyond All Reason....or Ricers. However you want to do it.

Z Nut
    Post Thanks / Like
    Words only mean what a society uses it for. The meanings of words change over time, as culture changes.

Ricer, to most people I know, is used to describe people trying to be "cool" through their car but have no real intelligence about how to modify or tune a car. These people generally have been driving cheap japanese cars in the last 10 years hence the term "rice".

When I see a primered civic with cut springs and a fart can, I don't assume it's "rice" until it's obviously got a stock motor and can't turn. Some of the craziest cars on the track are also some of the ugliest, so I can appreciate the process. Now, if I see a well painted eclipse the color of baby food, with a huge wing, giant rims with no tire, and a good 5+ degrees of camber I call it rice. I call it rice because that guy obviously thinks his car is cool, and is using his car as a fashion statement. That car is no longer a car, it's a chiwawa or a designer purse.

A car is a car, and once a young kid forgets that he endangers himself to own "rice". But that's just the way I use the word and I've seen it used in the culture around me.