BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Newb in NC

Post Thanks / Like

Newb in NC

Hello all! New member to the forum but have been lurking for a while. On the fence about building/buying and spending time here reading up! I live in Salisbury NC. I’ve owned lots of sports cars and a few pony cars, last of which was a 16’ GT350. ALWAYS wanted the Cobra like so many others!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey newb, I live not too far from you in Mooresville. I have a Factory Five which has been thru 3 iterations and is now a 289 street car. If you would like to take a ride over to see her give me a call (H)704-799-4680, or (Cell)973 368-3570. I'm probably about a 1/2 hour from you. Hope to hear from you,

John Olsen
    Last edited by jolsen42; 05-05-2023 at 01:19 PM.
    FFR 1293K - First Factory Five slabside. Replica of CSX 2367. 289 Hi-Po, original Cobra dual quads manifold with original Carter 3258s and 3259s carbs, Dayton wire wheels, Tremec 5-speed, 355 trac-loc rear, original Amco Cobra luggage rack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Newb, welcome! I'm down the road in Fort Mill, SC and am in the middle of my Mk4 build. You're welcome to come by and take a look and ask questions anytime!
    Rob
    Mk4 Complete Kit, #10465
    Ordered 11/14/21, Build School 5/20/22, Delivered 8/22/22, Engine/Transmission Delivered 3/27/23, Installed 9/3/23, First Start 2/14/24
    347FI/TKX/IRS "Street Look"-no hoodscoop or rollbar, undercar exhaust
    Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the kind words! I will probably take you both up those offers!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't live close by (Thunder Bay Ontario) but I can tell you that you won't regret building the roadster, it's as close of a feeling of riding a motorcycle than you can get, I've got over 600HP in mine which is way more than you need but it always puts a smile on my face when I take it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a local Facebook page that you might want to check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/1835891613390906 Also, we have a group that meets for Breakfast in Mooresville once a month on the second Saturday at 8:30am at the Cracker Barrel at the intersection of I77 and Rte 150. It should be this coming Saturday if the weather is good.
    Mike............

FFR2100 - 331 with KB supercharger - T5 - 5 link rear 3.08's and T2 Torsen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well.. I went and met a few (literally 3) of the the CCC guys at Cracker Barrel Saturday before last. I also jumped off the fence and threw my money down on a complete kit. I've also decided to cease and desist on the engine I'm currently in the process of building to have a turn key solution instead. If anyone knows someone who wants a fresh 351 long block (no induction) lemmie know!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to check out a '35 truck build, I'm located a few hours west of you in Brevard NC.

Mark
    Mark
    '35 Truck
    Build Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...35-Truck-Build
    Brevard, NC