BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Exhaust for Coyote in Gen 2 Coupe

Post Thanks / Like

Exhaust for Coyote in Gen 2 Coupe

Does anyone know what exhaust works in a Gen 2 coupe? I'm thinking the Mark IV roadster exhaust would certainly work, but I also have heard that the Boig Motorsports headers were actually mocked up on a Gen 2 coupe, even though they are advertised as being for a Gen 3. Unfortunately, they only make them 1-5/8" and I'm looking for 1-7/8". Any info would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gtrclark View Post
    Does anyone know what exhaust works in a Gen 2 coupe? I'm thinking the Mark IV roadster exhaust would certainly work, but I also have heard that the Boig Motorsports headers were actually mocked up on a Gen 2 coupe, even though they are advertised as being for a Gen 3. Unfortunately, they only make them 1-5/8" and I'm looking for 1-7/8". Any info would be much appreciated.

Thank you
    Not a perfect but for what it's worth I ran roadster MKIV exhaust un-modified (headers and side pipes) for a 302 on my gen2 and it all lined up well enough in my opinion. I ordered the body w/o cutouts because it exits a little forward, but I'm happy with how it looks overall, and was bolted on.

I know you have a coyote, but I imagine that they take the same general route and aim to exit at the same point once you get away from the flange and all the primaries come together?

Some pics that kind of show how they run in front of the footbox, and along the side of the car. They could maybe be a little tighter to the body, but like I said I'm happy enough with them.

HoodUp.jpg

SidePipes.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Call Georgie at Gas-N. I'm sure he can help you out with whatever you need.
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.