Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Chassis Wiring Question

Post Thanks / Like

Chassis Wiring Question

I have a quick wiring question and I'm looking for some confirmation of what I plan to do. I have a coyote and the Ford performance install kit (wiring harness, computer etc).

With respect to the alternator/starter branches on the chassis wiring, are they redundant and can be remove since they are repeated on the Ford performance harness?

Not in any rush to cut wires, but want to make sure they are the right ones to cut.

Thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Other than the feed back to the battery, not really any redundancy. The FP engine harness takes care of the alternator connector. All you need to do is run your charging output to connect to the Power Distribution Box and eventually back to the battery. The Ford ECM will manage the alternator function.
    MK4 base kit, 2004 Mach 1 donor, 4.6L DOHC, TR-3650 5-speed, narrowed stock axle with 3.55 gears and TruTrac, PS, PB, ABS, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, started 12/2011, registered 9/2014, sold 3/1/2018.
    1970 Mustang Fastback Coyote powered Boss 302 tribute. Started 10/14/16.
    Gen 3 Coupe Base Kit non-donor build. Ordered 4/5/2024 to be received August 2024.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Alan.