Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sad News

Post Thanks / Like

Sad News

This showed up on one of the sport shooting sites I frequent.
    I am sure it's someone familiar to us through the websites.
    Very sorry to report.
    Here is a link to the site. You will have to scroll down a few pages to get to article.

https://www.trapshooters.com/threads...1#post-9145879
    I was informed you need to register to the site, to open the link. I will try to copy and post out of the thread.

[B]Horrible accident on Long Island today as an AC Cobra going to a car gathering went out of control, drove into a cable guard rail system, cable went over top of car and decapitated a husband and wife. Authorities are speculating that the husband had a medical incident causing crash.
    Those cable systems are very dangerous but are cheaper than conventional ones.

I could not attach the photos, but here is a link to the other Cobra site.
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/sad-n.../#post-6151807
    Last edited by Railroad; 05-14-2023 at 09:12 PM.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Master Builder
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know the area where this happened , he was probably headed to a Sunday Car meet at Captree Boat Basin. It attracts over a hundred cars every Sunday. Its usually a very well policed event So sad , the police seem to think the driver had a medical issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by first time builder View Post
    I know the area where this happened , he was probably headed to a Sunday Car meet at Captree Boat Basin. It attracts over a hundred cars every Sunday. Its usually a very well policed event So sad , the police seem to think the driver had a medical issue.

I know the area well and have been there with my car before and have seen the car and the driver around town. There's been a recent development. A video taken from a pedestrian on the side of the road shows another pedestrian walking into the middle of the road while the car is passing. The car swerves out of the way and slides into the guardrail. It looks like the driver swerved to avoid the pedestrian. Why he's in the middle of the road is beyond me, but it's definitely the car and it's in the area where it happened. This looks like it didn't need to happen and was not a medical issue. More information will be coming out on it I'm sure. Absolutely senseless and tragic.