FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What are these parts? Where do they go?

Post Thanks / Like

What are these parts? Where do they go?

35 Truck build - Where do these parts go?

Here are the descriptions from the pack list

#34391 Left Inside Rear Cab corner
    #34392 Right Inside Rear Cab corner

WhatAreThese.JPG

Are these for a different kit?
    1990 Mustang 5.0 5sp, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 1935 Extended Cab Build, 347 & 4R70W

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonImbimbo View Post
    35 Truck build - Where do these parts go?

Here are the descriptions from the pack list

#34391 Left Inside Rear Cab corner
    #34392 Right Inside Rear Cab corner

WhatAreThese.JPG

Are these for a different kit?
    I haven't installed mine yet, But I think it's exactly what the name implies.... but I don't have these parts for my truck, so I think you're correct it's for another model kit??

Mark
    Last edited by mkassab; 06-10-2023 at 09:02 AM.
    Mark
    '35 Truck
    Build Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...35-Truck-Build
    Brevard, NC

Post Thanks / Like
    They're upside down in the picture. They go in the rear corners of the cab. Come with carpet pieces to cover. I made them removable for the door strikers behind them. Just in case they ever needed to be adjusted. Fair warning, they also don't seal off a pretty massive air infiltration spot between the cab and the chassis in that back corner. Talked about in my build thread.

From my build, pictured here.

Last edited by edwardb; 06-10-2023 at 09:40 AM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    They're upside down in the picture. They go in the rear corners of the cab. Come with carpet pieces to cover. I made them removable for the door strikers behind them. Just in case they ever needed to be adjusted. Fair warning, they also don't seal off a pretty massive air infiltration spot between the cab and the chassis in that back corner. Talked about in my build thread.

From my build, pictured here.

I have to print out your picture and take it into the garage. Because I still don't see how these parts work in an Extended Cab build. Perhaps that is why Mark does not have these parts !

Thanks for the reply, Don
    1990 Mustang 5.0 5sp, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 1935 Extended Cab Build, 347 & 4R70W

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to print out your picture and take it into the garage. Because I still don't see how these parts work in an Extended Cab build. Perhaps that is why Mark does not have these parts !

Thanks for the reply, Don
    Based on the changes I understand were made with the extended cab update, agree FFR should have modified those parts accordingly. They still go in that location on your build, but maybe the old version (if that's what yours are) won't fit properly.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK - I think I see how they go in and YES they do not fit the extended cab.

CabCornerRight.JPG

So if they are still used then the design would need to change substantially.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don,

Maybe the part you have goes up to the top toward the roof?? And the piece I show below goes to the bottom?

Here's what I think goes in the rear corners.... part 35253 for the left side and 35254 for the right rear corner.

Pic from the inside

And from the outside

At least that my best guess so far.

Mark
    Last edited by mkassab; 06-10-2023 at 12:04 PM.
    Mark
    '35 Truck
    Brevard, NC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mark,

It's been my experience that parts that start with "35xxx" have been designed for the Extended Cab. So I do not have the parts that you show. I know my kit was "pulled" at least 1 month before yours. So I expect my kit will have rather unique issues, and this looks like another.

Thx,

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mkassab View Post
    Don,

Maybe the part you have goes up to the top toward the roof?? And the piece I show below goes to the bottom?

Here's what I think goes in the rear corners.... part 35253 for the left side and 35254 for the right rear corner.

Pic from the inside

And from the outside

At least that my best guess so far.

Mark
    OK... got it..... but will the parts you show, i.e., 34391 & 92 fit the top of the roll cage to fill in above the part I shown? Because if they do, then I'm missing those parts.
    Mark
    '35 Truck
    Brevard, NC

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried fitting them up there and haven't found any position that seems to do anything. I emailed F5 about the part numbers, see what they say on Monday.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried fitting them up there and haven't found any position that seems to do anything. I emailed F5 about the part numbers, see what they say on Monday.
    Great.... let me know the outcome.

Thx Mark
    Mark
    '35 Truck
    Brevard, NC

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Don.... I was laying out all my panels.

Seems I have what Paul shared in his pic (the lower bottom panel by the seat belt bracket) which we don't need because be have panels 35253 & 4. I also have the panels below picture and can't figure out where they go? Do you have them and figured out where they go?

Any help appreciated.

Thx Mark
    Mark
    '35 Truck
    Brevard, NC

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not have those parts, 256 & 257.

I'll add them to my list. Maybe we can get an answer today (Monday) from F5.

Post Thanks / Like
    But I do have another part that looks incorrect for the Extended Cab builds.

I think this is the cab rear to bed part. But mine does NOT line up with the frame as the build manual says that it should. I think I can modify it to make it fit. But that will have to wait until my cab is back on.

CabToBed (Large).JPG
    Last edited by DonImbimbo; 06-12-2023 at 08:11 AM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like
    But I do have another part that looks incorrect for the Extended Cab builds.

I think this is the cab rear to bed part. But mine does NOT line up with the frame as the build manual says that it should. I think I can modify it to make it fit. But that will have to wait until my cab is back on.

CabToBed (Large).JPG
    Hey Don... I had the same part and you're correct it's the original non-extended cab piece. Look at my build page. I simply cut mine to fit. Let me know if you need further details or pictures.

looking from inside the cab

Left side cut (right side would be the same

Mark
    Last edited by mkassab; 06-12-2023 at 08:56 AM.
    Mark
    '35 Truck
    Brevard, NC

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a rough measurement and it would be about 54.5 inches from the backside of the firewall to that up facing lip on the cab to bed piece. Does that sound about right? If I cut mine to fit at that spot I think it would look just like your piece and also be flush with the frame in your first picture.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a rough measurement and it would be about 54.5 inches from the backside of the firewall to that up facing lip on the cab to bed piece. Does that sound about right? If I cut mine to fit at that spot I think it would look just like your piece and also be flush with the frame in your first picture.
    Don, note the pic below showing the back of the cab sitting on the panel and the lip inside, but the lip is flush with the frame cross member. I wouldn't worry/consider your measurement. Just align the lip with the cross member, clamp it (I also added the cleco clips to help hold it in place), then take your sharpie to trach the frame on the alum panel and cut with tin snipes. The cab will sit behind the lip and on the cross member. Before sitting the cab back on for final install, you'd add a sealer like the 3M 5200 so no air/water penetration around this seam. I'll add the sealer to both sides of the alum panel (i.e., so the order would be frame cross member, sealer, alum panel, sealer and then the fiberglass cab. I'll also add dealer to all contact points of the cab to the frame and firewall.

Did I answer you question? It may be easier to talk if you want. I'll PM my phone number to you. And yes, my measurement is 54.5" from the firewall frame to the cross member frame the panel sits on.

Any word yet from FF regarding the mystery alum panel pieces?

Mark

Mark
    '35 Truck
    Brevard, NC

Post Thanks / Like
    I already marked and cut the part, pretty straight forward. Thanks for the pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not have those parts, 256 & 257.

I'll add them to my list. Maybe we can get an answer today (Monday) from F5.
    Hey Don.... still no work yet from FF on the part numbers and their location?

Thx Mark
    Mark
    '35 Truck
    Brevard, NC

Post Thanks / Like
    They told me that they were looking into the issue. But I got no response. So 5 days later I sent an email, which got no response.

Then I got involved in another issue, I have to send back my driveshaft, too short, they sent the wrong one.

Post Thanks / Like
    They told me that they were looking into the issue. But I got no response. So 5 days later I sent an email, which got no response.

Then I got involved in another issue, I have to send back my driveshaft, too short, they sent the wrong one.
    Thanks Don.... It's a shame FF isn't being responsive!! That's bad customer support. Even if they are super busy, they should at least acknowledge the questions and set expectation when you'll receive an answer.

BTW, I have the opposite problem with my drive shift.... It's about 2+" too long. Trying to work with FF on a remedy.

Mark
    Mark
    '35 Truck
    Brevard, NC

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is my best guess on the rear cab corners. My parts arrived today.
    CabCorners (Large).JPG

CabCorner_2 (Large).JPG

It will require some fiddling to get them to fit nice, but I think this is where the second piece goes, on top of the side piece.

Post Thanks / Like

Parts List

I asked Madison @ FF for a list of aluminum parts/panels and diagrams.

Here's her reply and parts list below:

Email reply: "Below are all aluminum pieces and part #s that you should have (for the "35 Extended Cab Truck). I'm told by our Operations Manager that some of the extended truck panels may have old part numbers on them, but should be the correct one. If you have questions, just snap a photo of the panel that you're having fitment issues with and send it to myself or [email protected] to review. I'm still looking for any diagrams for placement as well!"

Mark
    Mark
    '35 Truck
    Brevard, NC

Post Thanks / Like

35 Extended Truck Alum Panel layout & Part #s

I just received the 35 Extended Truck Cab Alum Panel layout and w/part numbers.... hope this helps.

Mark

Mark
    '35 Truck
    Brevard, NC