Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dealing with rain running off windscreen

Post Thanks / Like

Dealing with rain running off windscreen

I’ve searched the forum posts but couldn’t see anything specific on dealing with rain coming off the windscreen and flooding under the hood into the front bay - especially given the battery is there.

Any advice or workarounds?

Post Thanks / Like
    I drilled two small holes in each side of the "tub" in the front (the aluminum sheets)

Yes, I love Technology
    Post Thanks / Like
    The picture in my build does NOT show the lip I added, but where you see the battery sitting on the apron in the image attached... I made an aluminum lip along the front edge of the apron, left and right but not on the very ends. It is about 1/2 high, had tabs bent under it and riveted to the apron edge. Sealed with some silicone. Water is channeled to the left and right corners and drains off behind the front wheels. Also not shown, I have rubber "gators" or shields in front of the left and right doors that keep water from running inside the door areas, and so that water from the apron runs down those to the bottom. Could extend the aluminum lip to close the apron completely and put a couple drain tubes...

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l=1#post403530