Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello From Kansas City

Post Thanks / Like

Hello From Kansas City

Hello from Kansas City.

I am new here and looking to understand the pro's/con's of the factory five products and to learn where others have gone before me.

Ultimately I would like to end up buying an unfinished kit at some point in the near future (once I unload my 64 cutlass).

This will be a project for me to work on with my kids and wife as we all enjoy time in the shop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello kirby, I'm brand new here, but been lurking for a while. There are many resources out there, but this forum would be hard to beat. That's great your family gets into it, I am hoping mine does as well! (although...)

Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in Tonganoxie, and my 2nd kit is due to arrive mid July. Happy to talk shop with you, have you over to my house to check it out, etc. Let me know if you're interested.

Greg
    Built an early MkIII years ago, sold years ago.
    Got Corvettes out of my system, and now back after 18 years to build a MkIV.
    MkIV Complete Kit Ordered 4/18/23, Delivered 7/11/23, 427 Stroker, Holley Sniper 2, Hyperspark, TKX, IRS, Wilwood Big Brakes
    Here to learn, contribute, and have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gbranham View Post
    I'm in Tonganoxie, and my 2nd kit is due to arrive mid July. Happy to talk shop with you, have you over to my house to check it out, etc. Let me know if you're interested.

Greg
    Greg. I actually live in tongie but didn't think on a national forum anybody would know where that was. I would love to take a look when it arrives

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kirby View Post
    Greg. I actually live in tongie but didn't think on a national forum anybody would know where that was. I would love to take a look when it arrives
    No freakin' way! What are the odds? Folks, Tonganoxie is a small town of 6000 people. 15 miles north of Lawrence, KS, home of our NCAA Champion Jayhawks! What a small world!

Kirby...I'll send you a private message, and we can coordinate meeting up. Wow.
    MkIV Complete Kit Ordered 4/18/23, Delivered 7/11/23, 427 Stroker, Holley Sniper 2, Hyperspark, TKX, IRS, Wilwood Big Brakes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My '33 Hot Rod kit arrived about three weeks ago, and I am having a blast with the assembly so far. This is 100x better than Christmas when I was a kid. I can say I am impressed with the accuracy, quality, completeness and the packaging that Factory Five provides. I did have some backordered parts from my original order, but FedEx keeps delivering a box or two every week, so it is not slowing down my progress. I can assure you that you will certainly have fun with these kits. How far are you from Shawnee, KS? I have a cousin there I visit a couple times a year, and could stop by next time I pass through.

Image - 2023-06-13T125848.224.jpegImage - 2023-06-13T143209.261.jpegImage - 2023-06-16T092606.345.jpegImage - 2023-06-16T092616.305.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice build, Dan! Tongie is about 20-25 minutes from Shawnee; we're north of Shawnee, and just a tad west.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan that does look like a lot of fun. I have family in Shawnee we try and see every month.

have found a partially completed kit and I am picking it up on Saturday. I need to find an enclosed trailer before then....or I might have to buy the one he has for sale.
    Last edited by kirby; 06-18-2023 at 07:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    IMG_20230624_111036290.jpg

Loaded and headed home

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice! I got the call from Stewart Transport. They're going to drop mine off today around 400pm!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome. Christmas in July!!!