Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818 Wiring Harness

Post Thanks / Like

818 Wiring Harness

I have been looking for a wiring harness for my 818S. It has a 2.5L Subaru motor (2004). It seems like no-one wants to make a harness for this car. I would love to find a complete harness. Thank you for any help
    Last edited by gkeller; 06-18-2023 at 09:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gkeller View Post
    I have been looking for a wiring harness for my 818S. It has a 2.5L Subaru motor (2004). It seems like no-one wants to make a harness for this car. I would love to find a complete harness. Thank you for any help
    Is it an sti or forester xt with a turbo and drive by wire throttle?
    Last edited by Bob_n_Cincy; 06-18-2023 at 12:02 PM.
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried Wayne at Very Cool Parts? IWire stopped making them, but worth trying to talk them into one more.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a non turbo, not an STI and not a WPX

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody have any luck in this department? I'm making progress on my build and beginning to feel like I'd rather not get mired down in the wiring harness if there are any of them still out there to be had...

Post Thanks / Like
    I wire will make you one about $1,600, just call them, but go after market ECU (Haltech) and make your own. It really is easier than you think and you’ll have a much better solution. Basically just follow the wire diagram from Haltech. You can control everything, engine, turn signals, lights everything. And if you have a problem just call they always answer! And they log into your system if needed and work through your system until it’s fixed. Go with the 2500 to make sure you have enough room to wire your car completely. It’ll cost you $500 more but your car will run properly when done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottw View Post
    I wire will make you one about $1,600, just call them, but go after market ECU (Haltech) and make your own. It really is easier than you think and you’ll have a much better solution. Basically just follow the wire diagram from Haltech. You can control everything, engine, turn signals, lights everything. And if you have a problem just call they always answer! And they log into your system if needed and work through your system until it’s fixed. Go with the 2500 to make sure you have enough room to wire your car completely. It’ll cost you $500 more but your car will run properly when done.
    Do you recommend the 2500 or 2500 t ECU?
    Factory Five 818c #456

Post Thanks / Like
    If I had it to do over again I would have gone with an aftermarket ECU and used their wires to make an engine harness, and a Coach-1 system for the rest of the car. I have the coach-1 body harness and love it.

https://coachcontrols.com/index.php?...roducts_id=123

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajzride View Post
    If I had it to do over again I would have gone with an aftermarket ECU and used their wires to make an engine harness, and a Coach-1 system for the rest of the car. I have the coach-1 body harness and love it.

https://coachcontrols.com/index.php?...roducts_id=123
    I would check with someone about using an aftermarket ECU. Massachusetts state computer did not recognize my JDM ECU and I had to swap it out for a stock USDM for my initial approval.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hojo View Post
    I would check with someone about using an aftermarket ECU. Massachusetts state computer did not recognize my JDM ECU and I had to swap it out for a stock USDM for my initial approval.
    Good point. Depending on which state you live in an aftermarket ECU might be a no-go.