Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Footbox

Post Thanks / Like

Footbox

Hey All,

I'm looking to see if anyone is local to me that has a '33 hot rod I can take a look at and perhaps sit in. We'd like to install a 347 stroker with a T-5 trans. The goal is to see what kind of room the footbox has. I've seen conflicting posts saying that the footbox has plenty of room while others say there is no room so just wanted to see for myself if possible. Worst case, I can install paddle shifters but before making that ~$1500 investment I wanted to see if I'd have a decent amount of room. For size comparison, I'm 5'10, and wear a size 10.5 shoe.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigHarkness View Post
    Hey All,

I'm looking to see if anyone is local to me that has a '33 hot rod I can take a look at and perhaps sit in. We'd like to install a 347 stroker with a T-5 trans. The goal is to see what kind of room the footbox has. I've seen conflicting posts saying that the footbox has plenty of room while others say there is no room so just wanted to see for myself if possible. Worst case, I can install paddle shifters but before making that ~$1500 investment I wanted to see if I'd have a decent amount of room. For size comparison, I'm 5'10, and wear a size 10.5 shoe.

Thanks!
    It would probably help if you told us where you're located.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
    It would probably help if you told us where you're located.
    Sorry, I thought I mentioned it. Wilmington, De area.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can squeeze the tunnel narrower to make more room by cutting a small section of the tunnel out in the top middle at the firewall. I cut out an inch of mine. The process is in the assembly manual. I have a Tremec TKX. The Gen 2 interior is 3 inches wider than the Gen 1. The brake and clutch pedals are also adjustable side to side about a 1/2" left or right from center. You install the accelerator pedal after the tunnel is installed so you can position it where you want the position to be. You remove it to get the tunnel out so you know where it will be and reinstall it during finalizing the interior. I'm 6 feet tall and wear 11 1/2 shoes. The pedals are a little tight but very manageable. They say to put the gas pedal about 3/4" away from the tunnel but that's with the sound proofing, insulation and carpet installed so take that into account. There is a indentation in the tunnel in the gas pedal area which helps.
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1, Gen.2 ordered 11/11/2021 started June 12, 2022, LS3 E-Rod crate engine, Tremec TKX, 8.8 WITH 3.55 Ratio and limited slip with 31 spline axles.17X8 and18x10 Race Star wheels wrapped in Conti Extreme contact DWS tires, Mustang Cobra brakes all around. Electric PS and AC. Hard top, electric windows and bike fenders. First Start 5/31/2023. Go-Kart 6/2/2023.