BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Florin Hill Roadster Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It might be the light, but it don't look like you flattened out the tank flange where it interfaces with the frame. Don't forget the little plastic inserts that go in the down tubes.
    ----------------------------------------------

Jeff
    Roadster delivered 8/27/23
    Chevrolet Performance LS3
    Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    they came pre bent interestingly enough. I guess I should say all but the driver's side rear was, and that's the one you're probably seeing. It didn't interfere, so I didn't worry about it. And yeah, those inserts are in, thanks.
    MKIV Roadster - Complete Kit - Delivery 10/12/23
    Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Brake reservoirs are in and connected. I bought some sheet metal off of Amazon as a back plate for them. Pieces were cheap enough but well made: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B8NLBZLZ...roduct_details. I gnarled up the footbox front panel drilling the upper hole for the brake line fittings. But the fitting is in, just a little crooked.
    brake line wall fittings.jpgbrake reservoir lines 2.jpgbrake reservoir lines.jpgreservoirs.jpg

One question, the banjo fittings for the front brakes have these crush washers to put in, but they also had some brass or copper washers already on the brake cylinders. I'm thinking I keep the the two washers on the cylinder, plus the crush washers. Anyone know?
    Crush washers.jpg
    Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    anybody had a cracked master cylinder before? Going to see if Willwood will help me out, discovered while bleeding them for the first time.
    cracked master cylinder.jpg
    Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't posted in a while, I've been working on a lot of little projects...and it's been cold and nasty out. Anyways, I'm just about done routing the fuel lines. I went with braided aluminum soft lines, which I don't know how I feel about now that I am trying to bend them up into the engine compartment, I'm afraid I'm going to kink them.
    fuel lines engine compartment.jpgfuel lines trunk area.jpgfuel lines wheel well.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]197719

If not obvious from the previous, I've also started on the wiring. I'm putting in a speaker and a bluetooth enabled amplifier, I've managed to wire that up to the front, along with seat heaters. I'm just waiting to get the engine in before I finish wiring it to the battery (Breeze battery box already installed).

spaghetti dash.jpg

I've also started on the dash and center console. I'm going with a wood finish. I've got the veneer glued on and stained. For the console I have holes for cup holders and the seat heater switches. I plan to use the pour on finish this weekend. So far things seem to be working well, we'll see what the final finish looks like. I'll probably need to find some sort of trim for the center console, maybe a stainless steel lip.

console.jpgdash and console.jpgdash.jpgpour on.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Spent the weekend wrapping up a couple of loose ends. Not a lot to show for it, but it felt good to get them done. I wrapped up the fuel system, I have delivery from tank all the way to regulator. I went back and lubricated the o-rings in the fuel tank, too many people said I needed to. And I fixed the fuel tank strap bolt, which was missing its washer. Then I cleaned my shop up. Ready for the next project.
    Build Thread