BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Florin Hill Roadster Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait, are you asking if you should use two sets of washers on the banjo bolt? Nope, only one set (there are double banjos, where you need 4 washers, but that's another application).

Post Thanks / Like
    I would not double stack the washers, due to the amount of thread engagement you will lose. Also, just another place to leak, no advantage.
    Use either set of washers one of each side of the banjo fitting.
    good luck,
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Railroad View Post
    I would not double stack the washers, due to the amount of thread engagement you will lose. Also, just another place to leak, no advantage.
    Use either set of washers one of each side of the banjo fitting.
    good luck,
    Upon reflection, I agree. I took the washers that came with the calipers out. My biggest thought was the increased chance of leakage. Thanks.
    MKIV Roadster - Complete Kit - Delivery 10/12/23
    Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Front brake lines in. I got cocky with the last bend into the master cylinder. It's flexed a little, but I don't think the line is compromised or obstructed. I'll defer to anyone that knows more.
    front brake line mast cylinder.jpg

I'm also not thrilled with the passenger side, I tried to make it fancy but ran out of line and had to uncoil it. But it works...assuming I don't have interference issues later.
    front brake line driver's side.jpgfront brake line passenger side.jpgfront brake pedal box.jpg
    Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    note for future builders. If you go with the "stock" 11.65" brakes in the rear. The soft lines, connections and banjo bolts all look identical...except the thread on the banjo bolts. The front brakes take a smaller thread. I put the rear bolts in both front calipers before I realized. The correct ones still fit and seem to be torqued good, I guess I'll find out if I did any irreparable damage when I bleed them.
    Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    anybody had a cracked master cylinder before? Going to see if Willwood will help me out, discovered while bleeding them for the first time.
    cracked master cylinder.jpg
    Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the tapered brass fitting has been overtightened. It is easy to do. I have first hand experience.
    Mk.4 FFR supplied Right hand drive
    Received 12/2012 completed 12/2019
    Gen1 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS
    Lots of mods to make compliant for Australian design rules

Post Thanks / Like
    you can overtighten that? it's brass? Well I guess that's it.
    Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Wilwood quality isn't what it used to be. One of the reasons I went with Tilton.
    My build thread https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Roadster-Build

Thread on Stainless Steel AN brake lines.

Thread on fasteners and torque wrenches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Brakes...are...bled. I sprung for a vacuum system from Craftsman at Lowes. Could not keep a vacuum on the connection. I finally had my wife come out and help me do it the old fashioned way, no issues beyond a little leakage on the banjo bolts that seems to be addressed with a retorquing. Well minus the above mentioned cracked master cylinder. I found a replacement on Amazon, no shipping with Prime for those that are interested.

On to fuel system, tank and pump are in, I just need to set up the filter and run the soft lines I purchased from Summit. With the IRS, space is getting tight. I ordered this angled AN 6 fitting for the outlet of the fuel filter, I figure I'll attach it as shown here and then run the line down the passenger side frame.
    fuel filter location.jpg
    Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't posted in a while, I've been working on a lot of little projects...and it's been cold and nasty out. Anyways, I'm just about done routing the fuel lines. I went with braided aluminum soft lines, which I don't know how I feel about now that I am trying to bend them up into the engine compartment, I'm afraid I'm going to kink them.
    fuel lines engine compartment.jpgfuel lines trunk area.jpgfuel lines wheel well.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]197719

If not obvious from the previous, I've also started on the wiring. I'm putting in a speaker and a bluetooth enabled amplifier, I've managed to wire that up to the front, along with seat heaters. I'm just waiting to get the engine in before I finish wiring it to the battery (Breeze battery box already installed).

spaghetti dash.jpg

I've also started on the dash and center console. I'm going with a wood finish. I've got the veneer glued on and stained. For the console I have holes for cup holders and the seat heater switches. I plan to use the pour on finish this weekend. So far things seem to be working well, we'll see what the final finish looks like. I'll probably need to find some sort of trim for the center console, maybe a stainless steel lip.

console.jpgdash and console.jpgdash.jpgpour on.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Spent the weekend wrapping up a couple of loose ends. Not a lot to show for it, but it felt good to get them done. I wrapped up the fuel system, I have delivery from tank all the way to regulator. I went back and lubricated the o-rings in the fuel tank, too many people said I needed to. And I fixed the fuel tank strap bolt, which was missing its washer. Then I cleaned my shop up. Ready for the next project.
    Build Thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12