Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Ronnie’s 35 Hot rod truck build

Post Thanks / Like

Ronnie’s 35 Hot rod truck build

I didn’t think of creating a build post until late in the game. I’ll try to add some photos of things I’ve created so far.
    I’ve got a BluePrint 347 ci matched to a 4R70W TRANNY. I’m pretty much working alone, but I do have a mechanic friend come double check my critical areas as I go along.
    My first issue was the firewall. I didn’t care for the rivets holding my aluminum firewall in place so after install it I purchased a sheet of Polished Stainless steel and bonded it in place with a full tube of 3 M marine adhesive. It’s further held tight with items bolted to it. I held it in place for 7 days to allow the adhesive to set.
    I created graphite pieces using my own epoxy resin that I formulated and some graphite cloth. I trimmed them to fit around the chassis bars because I didn’t like the gaps I had left.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes proeagles liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ronnie, I believe your brake fluid reservoir is too low for it to fill the master cylinder?

Mark
    Mark
    '35 Truck
    Build Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...35-Truck-Build
    Brevard, NC

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I’ll reposition it. It bled fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    An issue I had with the driveshaft that was supplied by FFR was the spline shaft. They shipped a 28 spline, but the 4R70W requires its own 28 spline shaft. They were back ordered everywhere, but I located a new one on eBay. Once I received it everything went very well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, I had to do the same thing. I bought my front spline / yoke from Jegs for the 4R70W. 28 spline but a different diameter than the 28 spline for a T5. But my driveshaft was also too short (F5 set the wrong one) so it had to do back.

I think mine was a Dana 2-3-14061X for about $75.
    1990 Mustang 5.0 5sp, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 1935 Extended Cab Build, 347 & 4R70W

Post Thanks / Like
    my driveshaft was the correct length so i didnt go through that hassle. its a challange sometimes getting the correct parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    I too have a polished stainless fire wall; attached with button head screws - I wish I would have thought of this before I drilled the holes - just beautiful.
    A lot of discussion on reservoir placement, I don't think it needs to be higher; as long as there isn't air in the line between the Res and MC, the MC will syphon fluid from the res, as needed ( i proved this to my satisfaction with an experiment I shared in my build thread).
    The carbon fiber "patch" is great solution for the gaps, thank you for the idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another suggestion, would be to seriously insulate the firewall with heat and noise barrier, prior to installing the A/C and wiring

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree on the insulating. I had all my wiring positioned before i thought of it and had to take it down. Then I glued it into place with spray 90 adhesive. It would've been much easier to do prior to wiring. I elected to go without AC and I'm putting a small 12 volt electric heater on the passenger floor.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went ahead and ordered a dual reservoir tank from summit and placed it much higher. I really like having the two cells. plus, the hose barbs come out the back so I have a much cleaner look on the firewall. IMG_2297.jpgIMG_2298.jpg