FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hello…from The Racing Capital of the World!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello…from The Racing Capital of the World!!

Taking time to introduce myself. My name is Justin from Speedway, IN - Home of the Indy 500!

In a few weeks I will be taking on the project my dad (who recently passed) began with my stepmom. It is a 33 Hot Rod and is currently operable. I’m not sure exactly how far they got but I’m excited to finish this to honor him. My stepmom was very gracious in accepting my offer to do so. I’m looking forward to visiting this forum for advice and guidance from some true enthusiasts. I have A LOT to learn but I’m ready for the challenge.

That brings me to my very first request. I am currently searching for a trustworthy transport company to get the 33 Hot Rod from Florida to Indiana. If anyone has any suggestions or referrals, I would greatly appreciate it. This is very special to me and I don’t want to just choose the first company I see.

Cheers!
    -Justin

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from another Hoosier (Bloomington)!

I highly recommend Dan and Althea Joyner with GTR transport. They have transported several FFR cars to and/or from me and are reliable, responsible and professional. They are based out of the Carolinas and mostly stay east of the Mississippi so Florida to Indiana is right in their wheelhouse.

http://www.gtrtransport.com/home.html

You'll deal with them directly rather than a broker who will put the job out and hire the lowest cost provider and unlike some guy with a pickup and trailer doing a side hustle they are DOT compliant and fully insured.

Good luck!

Jeff

3. Likes JTA33 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is exactly the kind of information I’m looking for. The brokers have spooked me off a little bit being very pushy. Many, many thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Justin.
    We’ll be glad to help you out with whatever you need help with.
    When you get the 33 back to IN start a build post.
    '33 Hotrod, #1047 Gen 1, delivered on 2/27/18, go cart on 9/24/18.
    LS3 w/Gearstar Level 3 4L65e Tranny, Yank converter, Lokar shifter, Electric PS, Vintage AC/Heat/Def, 8.8" 3.55
    TorqThrust II Wheels w/Toyo Proxy T1 Sport Tires, F 235/45ZR17 R 295/35ZR18
    Garage Built, Driveway Painted.