Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Front suspension ride height question.

Post Thanks / Like

Front suspension ride height question.

So I've searched both this forum and read over the manual a couple of times and I think I know the answer to this, but I wanted to get feedback.

The manual states on page 37 of "Suspension Build Up": The suspension has two sets of holes. The top set is for a lower ride height (4-4.5”) while the
    bottom set is for a higher ride height (5.5”).

Shortly afterward it states: If running the lower suspension hole set-up, the front lower control arm left side rear tab will have to be
    cut to the upper bolt hole location as shown so that the steering rack will not hit it.

They literally mean the "bottom hole" when they say "lower suspension hole set-up" and aren't talking about the lower ride height correct? I think the intermingling of the word lower for ride height and hole is messing with me.

Another way to ask would be if I want the lower ride height, I use the upper holes and I don't have to cut anything?
    Matthew and Noah
    '35 Hot Rod Truck - 5.0L 302
    Wake Forest, NC

Post Thanks / Like
    Correct

Post Thanks / Like
    FYI. The manual also states to use the lower holes(higher ride height) for the truck and hot rod with full fenders. Just saying.
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1, Gen.2 ordered 11/11/2021 started June 12, 2022, LS3 E-Rod crate engine, Tremec TKX, 8.8 WITH 3.55 Ratio and limited slip with 31 spline axles.17X8 and18x10 Race Star wheels wrapped in Conti Extreme contact DWS tires, Mustang Cobra brakes all around. Electric PS and AC. Hard top, electric windows and bike fenders. First Start 5/31/2023. Go-Kart 6/2/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, so if you have full fenders on the truck, you're supposed to use the lower holes? I don't have them so that shouldn't affect me.
    Matthew and Noah
    '35 Hot Rod Truck - 5.0L 302
    Wake Forest, NC

Post Thanks / Like
    The truck. Or full fender hot rod.
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1, Gen.2 ordered 11/11/2021 started June 12, 2022, LS3 E-Rod crate engine, Tremec TKX, 8.8 WITH 3.55 Ratio and limited slip with 31 spline axles.17X8 and18x10 Race Star wheels wrapped in Conti Extreme contact DWS tires, Mustang Cobra brakes all around. Electric PS and AC. Hard top, electric windows and bike fenders. First Start 5/31/2023. Go-Kart 6/2/2023.