BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Travelling builders son

Post Thanks / Like

Travelling builders son

Trying to see if theres anyone else close to or near Houston that would be interested in having Brendan Dougherty coming to Texas and helping with their builds or cars. He's the "Travelling Builders" son. I've messaged him on Facebook and he said he's in the process of making a schedule for travel or whatever. If we could get him some work down this way, that would be cool and he can jump from garage to garage as he finishes up helping out.

Post Thanks / Like
    What do they charge? Overall my build has been everything I had dreamed it would be, but there has also been times I wanted to throw a match and some gasoline at it and walk away.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's when you should walk away, take a break and a deep breath and then go at it again.
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1, Gen.2 ordered 11/11/2021 started June 12, 2022, LS3 E-Rod crate engine, Tremec TKX, 8.8 WITH 3.55 Ratio and limited slip with 31 spline axles.17X8 and18x10 Race Star wheels wrapped in Conti Extreme contact DWS tires, Mustang Cobra brakes all around. Electric PS and AC. Hard top, electric windows and bike fenders. First Start 5/31/2023. Go-Kart 6/2/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Brendan is real good.

I've had him at my house several times.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooth View Post
    What do they charge? Overall my build has been everything I had dreamed it would be, but there has also been times I wanted to throw a match and some gasoline at it and walk away.
    LOL. Yeah I feel that way sometimes also, not building it but doing repairs or parts replacements. I know they say its basically a foxbody 90s mustang but its still a bit nerve wracking. I think he charges by the day but I'm not so sure. I last asked him his rate a couple years ago. I'll message him and see if he will get in touch with you directly. I'm just trying to get him down this way and maybe we all can work something out to use his expertise around the same time frame. Are you near the Houston area?

6. Likes Tooth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by afd660 View Post
    LOL. Yeah I feel that way sometimes also, not building it but doing repairs or parts replacements. I know they say its basically a foxbody 90s mustang but its still a bit nerve wracking. I think he charges by the day but I'm not so sure. I last asked him his rate a couple years ago. I'll message him and see if he will get in touch with you directly. I'm just trying to get him down this way and maybe we all can work something out to use his expertise around the same time frame. Are you near the Houston area?
    I'm in MA. But, depending on what the daily rate is I can see it being worthwhile. I've seen some posts over the years where they bang out a ton of work in a short time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Living in Mass you also have Mike Everson and Ron Everitt. Both great guys that can get it done. My guess at this point Mike must be around 250 cars built.

Dave
    MK4 Complete kit FFR9939. Gen 1 Coyote, Tremec 3650, IRS 3.31 ratio, Breeze radiator stuff, Breeze cubby and battery mount, North Race Cars heat and A/C, RT drop trunk kit, Replica Parts radiator aluminum and brake booster spacer, FFR soft top.

Post Thanks / Like
    3 cheers for the Doughertys! At The London Cobra Show Brendon walked up to my car and while peering under the hood noticed something amiss, grabbed a wrench and fixed it on the spot. It was the bolts on the alternator that were walking themselves loose/out. Mark built my car. Awesome guys!
    MK3 Challenge Car, Boss 347, Sniper 2 EFI

10. Likes RoadRacer, WIS89 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooth View Post
    Overall my build has been everything I had dreamed it would be, but there has also been times I wanted to throw a match and some gasoline at it and walk away.
    Apparently some things never change.

Post Thanks / Like
    Brendan is a great asset for your build. Bring him in for 2-3 days and you can make some great strides in completing your To do list. Just better reach out soon because I hear is getting busier.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Brendan is your man! I've worked on a project with him his work is first rate and he's a mover!
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Brendan is amazing! Just a few months ago he helped us swap in my new engine:

I'm in New Hampshire and it's not terrible to trailer the car down to them in PA. 1 Day drive for the most knowledgeable and helpful people ever!
    MK3 Challenge Car, Boss 347, Sniper 2 EFI