Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wilwood Dual Reservoir Bracket and Location

Post Thanks / Like

Wilwood Dual Reservoir Bracket and Location

I ordered the Wilwood pedals and dual reservoir system from FFR. I am building an 818C and will be using the FFR wiper kit.. The instructions that I found on the FFR website are for an earlier Wilwood kit and the bracket to mount the reservoir in the FFR instructions does not match what I received. The bracket that I think is correct has some holes that match the reservoir mounts but I am not sure that I have the correct bracket and where to mount the reservoirs. I might be over thinking but I am not sure what clearance I will have in the finished car over the cross member that the bracket (piece of aluminum) is mounted to. I spent about an hour or so looking for pictures and noticed a lot of different places folks have mounted the reservoirs.

Is this a good place to mount them?
    IMG_1305.jpegIMG_1307.jpeg

How high can the reservoir stick above the cross member that it is mounted to? (assuming the place I mentioned earlier is the right place to mount).

Thank you
    Last edited by Lee Baldwin; 08-03-2023 at 10:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it depends if you are building an S, C, or R plus if you will be using the FormaCars wiper kit. This forum page gave a lot of detailed info on different mounting locations. I am building an R so it might be a little different but I am going to use the FormaCars wiper kit so I mounted mine in a very similar location as post #13 in the following link. I went with a Tilton remote reservoir so a little different as well, but the link has some dimensions which you may be able to use FWIW.

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...ighlight=wiper

IMG_0610.jpg IMG_0846.jpg
    Last edited by blomb11; 08-03-2023 at 10:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blomb11 View Post
    I think it depends if you are building an S, C, or R plus if you will be using the FormaCars wiper kit. This forum page gave a lot of detailed info on different mounting locations. I am building an R so it might be a little different but I am going to use the FormaCars wiper kit so I mounted mine in a very similar location as post #13 in the following link. I went with a Tilton remote reservoir so a little different as well, but the link has some dimensions which you may be able to use FWIW.

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...ighlight=wiper

IMG_0610.jpg IMG_0846.jpg
    Thanks, I am building an 818C and ordered the FFR 818 wiper fit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the 818 Wiper is from FormaCars. I got it from FormaCars when FFR was back ordered.
    Anyway, here's a couple of pics that might help. I stuck with the 2 reservoirs so far. I thought the supplied brackets were pretty clunky so I made simple clamp mounts. I nestled them in between the frame and the wiper.
    PXL_20230803_153534895.jpgPXL_20230803_153524410.jpg
    I added another pic I found that shows I have about 4+" above that cross bar just looking at fender to fender where the hood sits. Brandon's post gives other examples, somewhere 4-5", but at least 4.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]188256[/ATTACH ]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by driveslikejehu; 08-03-2023 at 10:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I can see, that is NOT a good place to mount it. I went and took some pictures of where mine is and compared them to what you are showing.

Pretty sure when you put the roof on, the panel in front of, and below, the windshield will either interfere with it or block access to it. Also, depending on what wiper arrangement you are using, that may be an issue. I know you said you are using the Factory Five wipers, but that is what I have with 2 wipers. They may have changed the design, but where I had my reservoirs mounted was right where a wiper motor bracket goes; so I had to move it. Also, look at the mechanics that go from the motor to the wiper(s) to make sure you will clear that too.

Here are some pictures with the roof and everything else on.

Screenshot 2023-08-03 at 3.00.41 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2023-08-03 at 3.00.49 PM.jpg

Rick
    Last edited by FFRWRX; 08-03-2023 at 03:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great replies. Glad I checked. I will get out the wiper kit and make sure that I work around that. Thanks everyone.