Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello from Washington

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Washington

Hello from Washington state! Ordered a complete MK4 kit in March, and Stewart delivered it this week. Went with a 302, T5, and IRS. Trying to do this as a "budget" build, by using donor engine, trans, and rear. Plan is to do most of the bodywork myself, and then have someone else paint it.

When the kit was delivered I was surprised by how little is on backorder. Just the day before the kit arrived, I had two tracking numbers from Factory Five for what may be the remaining bits. Going through the inventory process, and unfortunately found a couple issues so far. For example, shock spacers appear to be wrong length. And, missing an aluminum panel, but also have a panel with a part number not on the list (maybe the part was mislabeled).

Interestingly, I was expecting to order some better brake pads. But, the kit shipped with StopTech Sports, which appear to be a decent pad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the delivery, and on having a pretty complete inventory. When I ordered mine a few months ago, I was pleasantly surprised that the wait wasn't as long as I expected. Clearly post-covid and post-supply-chain problems. And I will look forward to your build progress, doesn't seem to be as many 302's being used.

What part of WA? I'm from Bellingham, still have family all over, but was dragged to So Cal long enough ago it might be hard to move back.

Enjoy! -Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in Everett. Grew up in the Marysville area. But, have lived all over WA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great news on the small amount of backorder parts. I think FFR's new system is really starting to pay off. I am building a type 65 coupe just north of you in Mount Vernon. Good to know there is another builder in my area.
    Shakey. Coupe Base kit ordered Dec 2021. Build thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Daytona-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, getting a little homesick. With q4stix in Seattle, it would be a nice tour up and down I-5. (There could be one problem with Sehome/Mt. Vernon rivalries though... jk! I hope...) I'll be following along enviously.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^I was going to chime in but you beat me to it!
    I'm actually right near the Marysville/Lake Stevens transition but with a Marysville address. Seattle is just easier for people to recognize as a general location if you're not from the area.

Welcome and congrats JTY!
    Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe builder