Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help with gen 3 coyote

Post Thanks / Like

Help with gen 3 coyote

Installing a gen3 coyote in my type 65 coupe. Engine is in and working on the wiring. I am using factory five gauges which have their own sending units, my question is does the coyote pcm require a water temp input. The coyote location near the alternator is being used for the factory five gauge. Do I have to install a T as was required for the oil pressure sending units? Thanks in advance for any help you provide.

Post Thanks / Like
    No Gen 3 will not require being connected to water temp. It senses temp another way. It does need the factory oil pressure sender to be left installed to read that. Not sure if you had addressed this yet. Many put both senders in a T at the block. I was not a big fan of hanging the 2 senders on a brass T. I put a T in there coming off the block with the Ford original sender there and a AN adapter out the other side of the T which connects to a -3 stainless hose going along the pan and up the rear of the engine. I fabbed up a bracket to install an adapter to put the gauge sender in and hook the hose to it. The gauge wire for it in the RF harness connects to it there perfectly.
    Mk4 9735 complete kit delivered 11/29/19 Gen 3 Coyote, Tremec TKO 600, Moser 3.55 First start June 25, 2020 First Go Cart July 20, 2020

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jryasko View Post
    No Gen 3 will not require being connected to water temp. It senses temp another way. It does need the factory oil pressure sender to be left installed to read that. Not sure if you had addressed this yet. Many put both senders in a T at the block. I was not a big fan of hanging the 2 senders on a brass T. I put a T in there coming off the block with the Ford original sender there and a AN adapter out the other side of the T which connects to a -3 stainless hose going along the pan and up the rear of the engine. I fabbed up a bracket to install an adapter to put the gauge sender in and hook the hose to it. The gauge wire for it in the RF harness connects to it there perfectly.
    Thank you for your help Jryasko. I did what was required for the oil pressure.