BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: the dreaded throttle control error codes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your issue is not needing to relearn. I drive mine all the time after long battery disconnects and it's not ideal, but it never hits limp mode. There is something more nefarious going on here. I'm racking brain and coming up with nothing but a wiring gremlin. Do you have an immobilizer on your system? It's not the issue, but that would limit some of the trouble isolating things we could try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajzride View Post
    Your issue is not needing to relearn. There is something more nefarious going on here. I'm racking brain and coming up with nothing but a wiring gremlin. Do you have an immobilizer on your system? It's not the issue, but that would limit some of the trouble isolating things we could try.
    I really appreciate you trying to help me figure this out. I agree that there is something here, probably a simple thing, causing this. But being intermittent makes it harder to find. I only have the stock immobilizer system; whatever the 2006's had. I know aftermarket ones can cause a lot of headaches when they act up.

Quote Originally Posted by lpmagruder View Post
    If you don't already have one, might be worth getting one of the Tactrix OpenPorts and logging a few long drives and see what goes crazy right before limp mode. You can get a surprising amount of data from the stock ECU with that thing.
    Now that is what these forums are for! I never thought of that. I have the Tactrix cable and a laptop I bought a while ago. I used it to change the ECM program to eliminate the secondary air system and other stuff that wasn't in the car any more. I never thought of using it for data logging. I'll read up on how to do that. Should be very interesting to see what it shows.

Rick