Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Side Windows

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a pop-out per se (although one such vent was shown by BurchfieldB above). Rather very similar to the orginal coupes, it is a disc on an axle that one can set flush or use it to scoop a bit of the air coming off the a-pillar deflectors in through the nose of the side windows: Here is a shot of one of the originals at the Shelby American Collection in Boulder CO:

window vents.jpg

This weekend is the annual Shelby American Collection Car Show and Picnic. I will be showing off my Coupe. Peter Miles and Peter Brock will both be in attendance. I am looking forward to the show :-)

The windows I am building are very similar to that shot, albeit without a surround, and using the 4 door frame / door FG mount points for the 3/16" AL strapping mounted to the 1/4" U-Channel along the base of the polycarbonate. Been spending more than a little time working out those design details recently ;-)

A lot of finish work to do, but here is a shot of the "glass":

Lexan.jpg

It is interesting to note the subtle geometry differences between DS and PS. Each window needs a bit of tweaking.

I won't install these until the snow is flying this Winter. I am still second guessing whether I will cut NACA ducts into the roof too :-|
    Last edited by LateApex; 09-01-2023 at 02:03 PM.

2. Likes rhk118 liked this post