BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hello from Belmont NC

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Belmont NC

Hello all,
    I have been reading post and build threads for several months. I have been fascinated by cars ever since my neighbor brought home a brand new 1961 Austin Healy when I was nine years old. Over the years I have had a lot of fast cars and motorcycles. The enjoyment of owning something fast and special is a feeling everyone on this forum understands.

My name is Ross, grew up in New Mexico and Texas. Spent most of my work life in operations management or purchasing. I retired 6 years ago, and building a car is the last line on my bucket list. I feel I have pretty good mechanical skills but a little nervous about building the car and am sure I will have question to ask.

As many have said part of the reason I decide to build a car was reading the helpful posts from you guys. It’s amazing how much of you time you give. I would like to tip my hat to 3 Youtube channels, Random Werks, Dans Garage and Taco Joe don’t know if you participate on this forum but thank you for your efforts and inspiration

My garage is cleaned out and I am now building a body buck. My completion date is 10/21/2023. So a long couple of months to go. I ordered a;

MK4 complete kit
    302 sbf with Pro Flow 4 fuel injection, TKX tranny (Mike Forte)
    IRS ( got the front roll bar do I need the rear as well I don’t plan to track the car)
    17” wheels ( wanted 15” but 13” brakes don’t allow them)
    355 ratio diff and knuckles and mechanical throttle linkage (Mike Forte)
    Mustang breaks front and rear
    Pretty much standard Farctory Five stuff for the rest of it.
    Will purchase GasN headers and side pipes. Breeze battery box front location, radiator shroud and seat mounts.
    Stewart Transportation for delivery.

I have not had the final configuration of the kit yet and have not sent in the big money yet, so any “did you think about”suggestions are welcome.

If there is anyone that has info on joining a Cobra club in the Charlotte area please let me know. I would certainly like to hear from any builders in the area too!

Well that’s all I have, now if some one could tell me how to load a picture to this forum from an IPad.

Cheers!
    Ross

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Ross! I'm down the road in Fort Mill and am about halfway through my Mk4 build (engine/transmission are going in on Sunday!). You're welcome to stop by anytime to check out the build. There's also another Mk4 builder in Indian Land.
    There's the Carolinas Cobra Club that meets at 8:30am on the 2nd Saturday of each month at Cracker Barrel in Mooresville. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1835891613390906
    Last edited by robmccon; 09-01-2023 at 04:04 PM.
    Rob
    Mk4 Complete Kit, #10465
    Ordered 11/14/21, Build School 5/20/22, Delivered 8/22/22, Engine/Transmission Delivered 3/27/23, Installed 9/3/23, First Start 2/14/24
    347FI/TKX/IRS "Street Look"-no hoodscoop or rollbar, undercar exhaust
    Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rob,
    I have been following your build. I would like to see your car and meet you. Are you a member of the Cobra club?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just finished mine, and yes it did take forever, but nothing complicated. You should do fine and these forums are amazing for answers and ideas. I'm moving to Lexington once I retire, and car will probably not be down here until next year. Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Ross! I’m up in Salisbury. My kit is set to be ready for Stewart to pick up next Saturday the 9th. I’m stoked and can’t wait to get started. Sounds like our set ups will be very similar. Do you already have your set up from Forte? I’m getting my eng/trans/rear end from him as well but not sure when he’s gonna have that done.

6. Likes MVRight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from Murrells Inlet, SC. If you're down this way, there's usually a car thing or two every weekend and generally several FFR Cobras to drool over and we're always around to chat cars. LOL.
    FFR MKIV ordered 12 July 2019. IRS, Wilwood Brakes, 18" Wheels w/MT tires, power steering, EFI, Heat. 347 Dart w/TKO-600 by Mike Forte, Holley FI, MSD coil and CD box. All new, no donor build.

Post Thanks / Like
    MVRight,
    Thanks congrats on Finishing,
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 09-03-2023 at 09:36 AM.

9. Thanks MVRight thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeskam View Post
    Welcome Ross! I’m up in Salisbury. My kit is set to be ready for Stewart to pick up next Saturday the 9th. I’m stoked and can’t wait to get started. Sounds like our set ups will be very similar. Do you already have your set up from Forte? I’m getting my eng/trans/rear end from him as well but not sure when he’s gonna have that done.
    Thanks, no I have not gotten a completion date yet from Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RBachman View Post
    Welcome from Murrells Inlet, SC. If you're down this way, there's usually a car thing or two every weekend and generally several FFR Cobras to drool over and we're always around to chat cars. LOL.
    Haha, would like to be around Muriel’s Inlet everyday! Thanks for the welcome